User Tag List

Thread: Oil on turbo/intercooler pipe

Default Oil on turbo/intercooler pipe

Hey, so took my intercooler off for a little squiz of things undeneath, had a look at the turbo and heatshields (mainly to look at how hard it is to fit the dump pipe (heard its a bitch), but when I took the intercooler piping off the turbo, I noticed a fair build up of oil around where the piping meets the the turbo (pics for reference)

Kinda worried that the seals may be going and I may have to replace the turbo earlier than anticipated, is there any way to prevent this? eg pulling it apart and putting it back together with a new seal kit or something? Im a 2nd year apprentice and not really afraid to pull things apart so yea

orrr am I just worrying over nothing

the inside of the turbo does look pretty dry its just around that bit where the piping fits
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	16546   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	16547   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	16548  
    08 BK MPS3 Sports Pack
    MCA Blue Series coilovers | Corksport 2.5' TIP | Corksport RMM | SuperPro RSB | Delica RSB endlinks | Muffler and Resonator delete

2. Default

Are you noticing any smoke come through the exhaust?

If there's no smoke it could be oil from the valve cover vent, would build up over time for sure

no smoke, would an oil catch fix this then?

a catch can will help provided the turbo seals are not the issue. Depending on the design, it will either be PVC only or PVC + rocker cover

could even be pcv not working and pressure intering the crack case. check valve/occ will help