User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BLOWN L3!!!! 07 bk mps rod through block HELP

1. Angry BLOWN L3!!!! 07 bk mps rod through block HELP

All,

need any advice i can get or if anyone can help!!

I was driving at 110k in 6th just in negative boost, car went bang and was towed into Mazda Rocky, long story short and the fact they could'nt diagnose the massive hole in the block, the car is now at my mechanics in brissy.

The 3rd cylinder has shot the rod out the block and into the starter motor, 129K on the motor,

Anyone have any advice as to the direction i take, never had a problem with the car, logbook services, standard everything and was quoted 7K for a replacement L3.

If anyone has a motor for sale, i've got the cash waiting,

cheers all ROBBO

Sorry to hear

Have you checked around the wreckers at all? whats your location?

3. Default

Brisbane, Checked all the wreckers, the best i could find was 4k, with 140k on it vs 7k with 50k on it. ARHHHHH

Ah the good old boom in low rpm

7k for a new block ain't bad...

What mods were on your car when it happened?

7k for a new block is freakn ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    What mods were on your car when it happened?
    "Standard everything"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    7k for a new block is freakn ridiculous.
    No... That's what they cost new
    Possibly get a forged one shipped from the USA for less...

The biggest issue is when a rod goes through the block, more so #3 , it takes out many other things with it
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

8. Default

Boys it was the #3 i believe, only just whacked the starter up on its bracket, everything else is fine and the turbo has been off and been checked, as i said before standard everything 7K was the quote for a half cut with 45k on it

Oh and mad props to the stealership in central QLD for failing to diagnose a 2 inch hole in the block , can you tell i'm a little upset

@2XS may be able to help with sourcing parts in QLD

Quote Originally Posted by robbo5121 View Post
    All,

need any advice i can get or if anyone can help!!

I was driving at 110k in 6th just in negative boost, car went bang and was towed into Mazda Rocky, long story short and the fact they could'nt diagnose the massive hole in the block, the car is now at my mechanics in brissy.

The 3rd cylinder has shot the rod out the block and into the starter motor, 129K on the motor,

Anyone have any advice as to the direction i take, never had a problem with the car, logbook services, standard everything and was quoted 7K for a replacement L3.

If anyone has a motor for sale, i've got the cash waiting,

cheers all ROBBO
    That absolutely sucks and should make us all aware of what can happen. My CX7 has 127,000 kms and full service history too.

There's basically three ways you can go.

1) get a low km used motor from a wrecker which you have priced. I have been watching the market on ebay and around $5000 is the going price. So your prices of $4200 and $7000 are normal based on age and kilometres.

2) get another block and rebuild a stronger motor and get another 10 years or more out of the car.

3) sell it as is and walk away.

I do have a spare seized motor from an overheated CX7, I haven't pulled the motor to pieces yet so I don't know what is good and what isn't. But the block doesn't have any holes in it.
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune

11. Default

That is brutal man. Sorry to hear that.

My personal policy with my car is if anything breaks - replace it with something better.

As was mentioned a forged block from the USA may not set you back that much extra.

- - - Updated - - -

That is brutal man. Sorry to hear that.

My personal policy with my car is if anything breaks - replace it with something better.

As was mentioned a forged block from the USA may not set you back that much extra.
    2005 6 MPS - Cobb AP - Auto tech HPFP internals - CorkSport RMM - 3inch ceramic coated downpipe - SRI - TIH - FMIC - Oil Catch Can - RayD tuned. 190kw@wheels, 410nm, 20psi.

SUCKS Man... There is a engine build price list thread i started as a guide to what it will cost to build. http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/engin...d-pricing.html

other than what the others have already suggested best I have for you

14. Default

all, got the quote of 7K installed with a wrecker sourced complete runner with all manifolds and turbo, anyone able to shed some light on the location of something cheaper ? or any other options :?

all, got the quote of 7K installed with a wrecker sourced complete runner with all manifolds and turbo, anyone able to shed some light on the location of something cheaper ? or any other options :?
    Options have been pointed out above

16. Default

all sorted guys, thanks for the help, i managed to source a long block with 64k on it for $3750. installing it now

all sorted guys, thanks for the help, i managed to source a long block with 64k on it for $3750. installing it now
    Thats a good outcome robbo.

Looks like the prices might be coming down on used long motors. Probably a reflection on supply and demand, less motors blowing up and more write offs in wreckers yards than a few years ago.
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune

More to come thanks to p platers lol

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post

Am considering picking up a BL engine at some point
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post

Will prob help liquidity of selling the cars at least, ridiculous how long it has taken some members to sell!

But agree, can't say I'm looking forward to hearing of an explosion of p platers blowing engines and getting the mps brand a bad name

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    AP V3 (Rayd tuned) / CP-E CAI / CP-E TIP / JBR Trilogy / CS Front Strut Brace / JBR SSP / JBR Shift Knob / JBR shifter bushings / Eibach Pro-Kit / Bilstein B8's / SURE Juggernaught / SURE Dreadnaught / Whiteline RSB / Toyo Proxes T1R 235/40/18 / Evo X BBS rims / Turbosmart Dual Port BOV / CP-E DP / CP-E TMIC / Autotech internals / Superpro bushings

Future mods:
    BT, DM OCC, EGR delete, Braided clutch/brake lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, DBA T3 rotors....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast