User Tag List

Thread: Blow Thru MAF

Default Blow Thru MAF

Since installing a Front Mount Intercooler on my car I've had a few issues related to it. On the street it didn't cause too much of a problem but on the track it has become an issue. The car is calibrated from the factory with all the stock parts (obviously) and the SWAS system works off this calibration. I first started having issues with going rich due to the SWAS system which I overcome by switching it off via holding down the stability/traction button. Now the only problem I have is at part throttle where im getting jerky response. This is killer on the track going round a corner. Now the stock BPV works the best out of the numerous BOV's I've tried but it has been shown to leak at higher boost pressure's which I usually run. So that's why I have decided to give a blow though MAF setup a go. Having the BOV venting prior to the MAF sensor will fix my problems with throttle response and also lets me run full VTA. I've ordered all the parts and next week i'll post some more info with pictures.

Didn't want to try the synapse bpv?
    Apparently it's fast as f*ck and the only one that replicates stock response times

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Didn't want to try the synapse bpv?
    Apparently it's fast as f*ck and the only one that replicates stock response times
    Was my last choice but then Edge pulled them as too many people said they fell apart. I've used Forge, GFB now a HKS.

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    Was my last choice but then Edge pulled them as too many people said they fell apart. I've used Forge, GFB now a HKS.
    Ah, balls
    Yeah, I've heard most can't match the Stocker's speed, and the synapse was the only one that came close... it's also why I happily went back to stock for my k04, might be an expensive bit of plastic, but it seems it's very underrated

All good, just wanted to make sure it was considered
    Keen to see the results!
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Yes interested for results to! What boost level do you run?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Yes interested for results to! What boost level do you run?

Up to 26 psi, not very often thou. Mostly 22 psi.

And how do you find 22 with the stock valve? Hold that much?

Do you have a check valve and oil catch can? between the intake mani and block?

I have had all sorts of issue or late with engine breathing with check valves. Slightest change caused afr issue/part throttle hesitation/ jerking just off idle/rough idle/idle reving up and down

Interesting.... I've found a lot of jerkiness on partial throttle myself lately and I've been pondering whether it was the GFB BOV.

I'm tempted to revert back to the stocker now as well and see how I go, particularly given I won't ever be pushing the boost that you BT guys run!

Thinking exactly that myself @Jamesa2z

Stocker is fine for 20-21 psi or less and more than capable.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Do you have a check valve and oil catch can? between the intake mani and block?
    Yeah my catch can setup has a check valve and seems to be functioning fine.

Got most of the parts but it will be a while b4 it gets tested out

Finally got this thing hooked up and running. Could get away with no tune adjustments as fuel trims are within an acceptable range. Feels good so far will see how it feels on the track, especially at part throttle.

Keep the updates coming!

Hey mate any pics of the cold side piping installed on the car? Im keen to convert to blow thru for my BT build and struggling to work out how t run the pipes (read a good thread about it but was for a 6)

Tapatorque steering

@ledfootrob has stocked out his car and is trying to sell... Don't know if he has any more info

Yeah I know he's selling it - just wondered if he had pics of the piping install =)