User Tag List

Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Hi.
    I am picking up my "new" cx7 this week.
    Looks like I have lots of reading to do before I start modifying it.
    The plan isn't anything too crazy. Just the basic exhaust/intake/tune. Then some subtle exterior mods to make it a bit individual.

Anyway.... Hi

Tim

Gidday Tim, another cx7 waiting to mod woohoo I haven't read to many threads on cx7 builds. I say builds because it always starts with the exhaust and intake lol

Yea, I know what you mean about not many cx7 builds.
    I have been searching thru many different mazda forums to find people that actually want to mod them.
    I read on one a guy was criticizing another guy for wanting options on lowering his cx7 because "why would you want to lower an SUV?" . .

Anyway , hopefully this forum is a bit more welcome to the crazy idea of modifications than that one.
    Haha.

In terms of tune, versatuner is your best bet

On the American forums someone is going a bit nuts...

Hi Tim,

Welcome, us CX7 owners are a rare breed.

Maybe we can vie for title of Australia's fastest CX7, I don't think there is much other competition.

I have been researching heaps so feel free to ask questions.

Here is my build thread http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-cx7-mods.html

The weaknesses of the MZR engine are the HPFP (high pressure fuel pump), timing chain and VVT actuator and air conditioning compressor. Otherwise they are good for up to 400 ft.lb and 400hp on stock internals (bottom end pistons and rods etc).

The main weaknesses of the CX7 are high fuel consumption due to vehicle weight and spirited performance and no top end power due to a faster spooling version of the K04 turbo. They also can leak transmission oil from the transfer case. The turbo details are in a sticky FAQ thread on the Mazdaspeed Forum.

My understanding is that Versatune is the only tuning software that works on the CX7 ECU. I hope to be ordering mine soon, maybe as soon as tax refund arrives.
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune

Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Yea, ive been checking out your build thread.
    It was actually your replys on the US site that made me realize that this site existed.

So the main advantage of the Versatune over ecutek is that its DIY?

I am in the same boat as you with keeping the mods on the quiet with the mrs, so stealth stock looking engine bay it what im going for. You actually had the same idea as me with the cx9 20s. I plan to grab a set for mine as soon as funds allow.

Yes you can swap tunes and DIY if you are really keen.

The CX9 20's will limit you to 245 wide tyres but that keeps the tyre price reasonable. I wouldn't mind going some lighter and wider aftermarket wheels at some point but CX9 wheels to start with.

Ok thanks.
    So who are you going to get to tune yours?
    I am also in brisssy.

I have been emailing my questions to Stratified and am planning to go with them. There are some other good options here and in the US so it just comes down to personal preference. I would want them to be familiar with Versatune though as well as the MZR platform.

Welcome!

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk