User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: copy of ID Required

Default copy of ID Required

Heads up to everyone before you order for Edgeautosport.

They will require a copy of your photo ID. They don't tell you until after they have taken your money though. If you refuse they will refund you - but you cop the 3% international transfer fee.

I will personally find a company that will verify my identify with a simple deposit of between 0-$1.00.

Cheers
    Last edited by Fever; 15-07-2014 at 08:56 AM.

I've never been asked for ID, just ordered from them again too

I think it's something more recent, and only on your first international purchase (anti fraud) but yes they should advise prior to payment as allot of people don't feel comfortable giving out certain details.

So what? At least they can't stuff up the delivery address.

It's a random thing... To prevent fraud etc...

Yeah i'm not hugely opposed to it - but now im pissed so ill just buy else where.
    If they did it BEFORE they had my money I would have agreed.

Or did what other companies do and ask me to confirm a small charge on the card.
    Last edited by Fever; 11-07-2014 at 09:07 AM.

I don't understand the problem? Why is that reason for them to lose future business on your behalf?
    Id checks and stuff for international purchases is a good idea imo.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    I don't understand the problem? Why is that reason for them to lose future business on your behalf?

Think it maybe related to the whole identity theft thing, people being able to access you drivers license once transmitted over the internet that sort of thing I suspect

and the fact that this is somewhat forced upon after they have your money
    Last edited by Mspec; 11-07-2014 at 10:43 AM.
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post

Basically its just a shitty thing to do.

But more importantly - it wasn't until after I had registered, ordered and paid that they hit me up for it.

Its just a shitty move. At JB hi-fi they wouldn't do it. I.E sell you a TV and after you paid come back with...btw ill need to copy your drivers licence before you can take the TV from the store.

Which is actually a problem for me - because my drivers licence address is different from my current address where ill be staying for the next 2-3 months.
    2005 6 MPS - Cobb AP - Auto tech HPFP internals - CorkSport RMM - 3inch ceramic coated downpipe - SRI - TIH - FMIC - Oil Catch Can - RayD tuned. 190kw@wheels, 410nm, 20psi.

I bet if you order from them again they won't ask. It's just security on their end and now they know they are safe they proceed as normal.
    I'd imagine they get a fair few credit card fraud attempts and you probably got snagged on their checklist and for their own safety they HAD to check id.

I'd stick with them. Your not going to get better customer service anyway from anywhere else anyway.

Nah mate, go order from 'MPS Garage' instead! You'll get your stuff so much quicker.

Joking...don't do that!

Sucks that you weren't told till late, but did they offer to give your money back?

Chat to edge about it, they have been awesome with every dealing iv had with them. I'm sure they will sort it out for you.

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Nah mate, go order from 'MPS Garage' instead! You'll get your stuff so much quicker.

Joking...don't do that!

Sucks that you weren't told till late, but did they offer to give your money back?

Chat to edge about it, they have been awesome with every dealing iv had with them. I'm sure they will sort it out for you.

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk
    Im not that worried to be honest - just don't want to give them my driver's licence.

They said they will give a refund....hasn't happened yet but I'm sure it will.

Thought I would inform people here of their requirement on first purchase.
    2005 6 MPS - Cobb AP - Auto tech HPFP internals - CorkSport RMM - 3inch ceramic coated downpipe - SRI - TIH - FMIC - Oil Catch Can - RayD tuned. 190kw@wheels, 410nm, 20psi.

EDGE have been doing business with MSF for ages... and if MSF say they are legit then you can be sure they are otherwise there would be a 50+ page thread on their shit dealings, EG: SURE Motorsport.

I wouldn't worry about a copy of ID to these guys as they are out to protect their interests / reputation (no one wants their company to be associated with any fraudulent activity) and not selling your details to Nigerian Royalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Fever View Post
    Basically its just a shitty thing to do.

But more importantly - it wasn't until after I had registered, ordered and paid that they hit me up for it.

Its just a shitty move. At JB hi-fi they wouldn't do it. I.E sell you a TV and after you paid come back with...btw ill need to copy your drivers licence before you can take the TV from the store.

Which is actually a problem for me - because my drivers licence address is different from my current address where ill be staying for the next 2-3 months.
    Jb hifi did it to me today for buying two tablets..

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post

Before or after you had paid?

16. Default

I don't blame them, you shady character.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    I don't blame them, you shady character.
    Must be - I brought 3k worth of camera gear. JB didn't blink...

After I paid, bought a z2 tab and a 2014 10.1 galaxy note tab.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Anyway its an international purchase. Tirerack did the same with me too.

20. Default

After I paid, bought a z2 tab and a 2014 10.1 galaxy note tab.

Why didn't you just walk out haha?

Once you swipe that card it's yours lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast