User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: copy of ID Required

Lol they had the stock and my money!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

2. Default

Rookie mistake!!!

Next time take a moral stand like I did!
    Refuse and insist on a refund! Haha

Lol I'm impatient!

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk

Makes you look shady or got something to hide if you can't show someone or refuse to show them ID.

What were you purchasing, and where are you going to get it from now if I may ask?

I'd try map performance or rally sport direct if you want CPE

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    Makes you look shady or got something to hide if you can't show someone or refuse to show them ID.

What were you purchasing, and where are you going to get it from now if I may ask?
    It was a $132 RMM - now im getting it directly from CPE and getting a friend to send it over.
    or maybe Corksport.

Tbh if I was spending 3k - I would expect it/accept.

but for 132 bucks plus postage....I mean...is this real life? Haha
    2005 6 MPS - Cobb AP - Auto tech HPFP internals - CorkSport RMM - 3inch ceramic coated downpipe - SRI - TIH - FMIC - Oil Catch Can - RayD tuned. 190kw@wheels, 410nm, 20psi.

7. Default

Thanks mate - ill check them out!

MRT ask for ID when doing transactions over internet as we'll for ages

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    MRT ask for ID when doing transactions over internet as we'll for ages
    Oh really? Yet another reason to avoid MRT!!! not that I needed it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Fever View Post
    It was a $132 RMM - now im getting it directly from CPE and getting a friend to send it over.
    or maybe Corksport.

Tbh if I was spending 3k - I would expect it/accept.

but for 132 bucks plus postage....I mean...is this real life? Haha
    Yeah I kinda agree with you, being a small cheaper item, but it's probably a random check they do, so wouldn't have had anything to do with what you were ordering.
    On a side note, don't CP-e ship directly to us now? We used to have to use IIRPS, but through persistance they decided to ship directly?

Correct me if i'm wrong @SarcasticOne?
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Yeah I kinda agree with you, being a small cheaper item, but it's probably a random check they do, so wouldn't have had anything to do with what you were ordering.
    On a side note, don't CP-e ship directly to us now? We used to have to use IIRPS, but through persistance they decided to ship directly?

You can order direct from CPE, or through any vendor

Was a long hard battle, had to prove to them they lost sales because we refused to deal with diirps
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

12. Default

I tried CPe but they only shipped to the US.
    I decided to go for a CS RMM apparently its a bit stiffer anyways
    2005 6 MPS - Cobb AP - Auto tech HPFP internals - CorkSport RMM - 3inch ceramic coated downpipe - SRI - TIH - FMIC - Oil Catch Can - RayD tuned. 190kw@wheels, 410nm, 20psi.

How come you havnt considered JBR's mounts @Fever?

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    How come you havnt considered JBR's mounts @Fever?
    So Jbr sound a little too stiff for me - I decided to try CS based on the larger rubber holder and slightly softer (70 duro vs 80 duro at JBR).

So Jbr sound a little too stiff for me - I decided to try CS based on the larger rubber holder and slightly softer (70 duro vs 80 duro at JBR).
    Jbr does a 70, I've got the 80 rem put about 500k's on it so far and apart from the clutch biting vibes ( which I don't really think is thaaat bad) it's great rumor has it it will break in better after a couple of thousand k's
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mspec View Post
    Jbr does a 70, I've got the 80 rem put about 500k's on it so far and apart from the clutch biting vibes ( which I don't really think is thaaat bad) it's great rumor has it it will break in better after a couple of thousand k's
    Na no 70 for the 6 MPS - I emailed and asked.

Na no 70 for the 6 MPS - I emailed and asked.

whoops sorry forgot the fact you have 6

18. Default

Basically its just a shitty thing to do.

But more importantly - it wasn't until after I had registered, ordered and paid that they hit me up for it.

Its just a shitty move. At JB hi-fi they wouldn't do it. I.E sell you a TV and after you paid come back with...btw ill need to copy your drivers licence before you can take the TV from the store.

Which is actually a problem for me - because my drivers licence address is different from my current address where ill be staying for the next 2-3 months.
    I didn't read through this whole thread but I get the idea. Here are a few things to remember about us asking for IDs.

1. We do it for YOUR protection. If someone was using your card online after hacking your bank's website and we asked for an ID, they didn't abide, and we canceled the order, wouldn't you applaud us?
    2. We've been taken for THOUSANDS of dollars at once and many other small cases for credit card theft as have many other vendors. Unlike large corporations, we are a small business. I personally can't afford $3k orders to be charged back on us (and one time, they have).
    3. All the information we're asking for is information you've already given to us. We're asking you to confirm it. If you're afraid to send a license copy online, then you should be afraid to purchase online. We use gmail for our email and we have intense firewall settings due to the nature of our business. It's pretty hard for someone to breach our network. On top of that, we don't host a single piece of information here. Everything is in the cloud for us.
    4. We only require IDs for certain instances and only once for the customers that we do need it for. Typically, for purchases over a certain $ amount and purchases that are being shipped to a different shipping address than what the billing is. Both situations are for brand new customers only. Once we verify, we don't ever ask again.

We practice these rules because we have learned from experience. It is in our experience that someone that's unwilling to show an ID is usually someone that isn't worth allowing purchasing from our site. You mentioned our practices are "invasive" in an email. We have your address, phone, email, name, and what kind of car you drive now. You GAVE us this information without us asking. I can understand why there might be some frustration. However, I will not give up on this policy. 99% of people are fine with it. Some people even thank us. Believe it or not, we've had a forum member here in the states that is active on the forum, communicated with us about coupon codes, how to setup his car, told us to send him some stickers, etc. file a chargeback on us after using another person's card. I'll rephrase, the forum member was an active criminal that was going through the forum and defrauding as many companies as he could and he owned a Mazdaspeed 3.

This is why we do this. It's for you and us. It's not to make your life harder. It's to make everyone's life easier. To say our attempt to protect consumers is "shitty" is unreasonable IMO.

JP

19. Default

Another thing....

International credit cards don't have the ability to go through an address verification service like all places in the United States. Frauds know this so they use it against US retailers. A majority of our attempted fraudulent orders are international....

JP

Completely agree with all that edge have said. I don't know fever, and maybe their situation with drivers licence and address is unfortunate, but it does seem you are getting indignant for no real reason.

In this day and age it isn't that hard to send information either, we would all suffer if they insisted on a certified original like with passports!

You also have to look at it from the business point of view, its not just you they are protecting. When I worked in banking a client of mine owned a retail clothing store and allowed an online/phone order for hundreds of dollars to go through, with an international shipping address (asia somewhere which should have set off alarm bells). Few months later the bank had no choice but to reverse the charge at the request of another bank because it turned out it was a stolen credit card and they hadn't tried to verify ownership. So they lost the money AND the stock.

Hopefully you don't let this get in the way of future purchases through edge, they have always offered me excellent customer service and gone above and beyond to provide cheaper shipping quotes and also avoid nasty customs taxes when possible. Having been around during the iirps saga prompt reliable service is rated very highly lol
    AP V3 (Rayd tuned) / CP-E CAI / CP-E TIP / JBR Trilogy / CS Front Strut Brace / JBR SSP / JBR Shift Knob / JBR shifter bushings / Eibach Pro-Kit / Bilstein B8's / SURE Juggernaught / SURE Dreadnaught / Whiteline RSB / Toyo Proxes T1R 235/40/18 / Evo X BBS rims / Turbosmart Dual Port BOV / CP-E DP / CP-E TMIC / Autotech internals / Superpro bushings

Future mods:
    BT, DM OCC, EGR delete, Braided clutch/brake lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, DBA T3 rotors....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast