Views:	179 
Size:	901.0 KB 
ID:	16474

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fr high.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	888.8 KB 
ID:	16475

she does have a few scratches here and there but only shopping centre scrape on rear right and a weird bubbling on the front right bar just infront of the wheel
    but i hardly care its an upgrade from the condition of my old car haha, and i reckon most of it would buff out easily

Name:	10258078_584040268370085_7994281569875389245_o.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	16476

paint was faded as shit on any horizontal surface but it was such a great first car besides that

but anyway back to the upgrade

Name:	rl.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	588.9 KB 
ID:	16477

Name:	what i see.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	562.4 KB 
ID:	16478

Name:	passenger.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	519.8 KB 
ID:	16479

Name:	rear seats.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	512.1 KB 
ID:	16480

the interior is immaculate and I love the suede so frickin much

Honestly I drove an almost untouched 99 TRD spec chaser, a stock XR5 focus, a wrx hatch, lancer vrx
    but nothing made me feel at home just sitting in it, let alone driving in it
    i never thought a car would excite me this much without being some insanely modded track car
    it just grips, and when you think its run out, it still has more
    im still babying it but it just keeps surprising me
    new car bug lol

Also done a bit of research on modding, seems you get alot of bang for your buck with these cars, in every aspect
    I was wondering if you guys could steer me in the right direction but heres a pretty quick list of what i have planned
    its my daily and i want it to be for a long time, so any tips for reliability whilst also upgrading would be appreciated

ps: (is it common for the OEM shocks to knock and leak in the 3mps??? This was legit the only one I test drove (out of 8 - 9) that didnt have shocky knock, but they are leaking and have had them bottom out when crawling over sharp speedbumps so thinking of changing them asap)

(roughly in order)
    Race rear engine mount
    rear sway bar
    shocks adjustable... KYB any good??
    street/track pads
    sti front lip
    turbo inlet pipe/pod/heatshield
    Dump pipe and decat
    front sway bar (whilst doing the dump pipe for ease)
    Cobbsport accessport (anyone know if theyre worth it or is it better to just get a tune)
    slotted rotors
    vented bonnet / bonnet gas strut
    4 pot calipers
    front and rear strut bars
    coil overs
    rims and tyres (thinking Enkei NT03 or XXR 527)
    respray (pearl white of course, they were meant to come out from factory in white)

all dreams at this point of course but bear with me I've finally upgraded to a turbo hahaha

i look forward to getting to know you guys and learn everything there is to know about my new baby

Welcome

08 Sports pack is the "only" choice if you ask me when it comes to the gen1! Definitely agree, I just had to have the suede interior too.
    Yes shocks are known to get the problems you're describing, never heard of KYB, but there's a few brands around that are popular, just depends on what you're wanting to get out of your car. (performance, low, just functioning suspension etc).

Also i'd kick the Front sway bar idea and move accessport further up the list (and you get a tune through/with the accessport btw).
    You will also want to add HPFP internals upgrade fairly high up the list, but that's pretty much the gist of how it goes with these cars!

Where abouts are you from?

Cheers.
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Have a look at link in my SIG, has a fair few bits of info

First 2 things I'd start with is rear sway bar and rear engine mount

An access port is a tuning device, can get custom tunes on it!

Yea sweet as, good to know I'm roughly along the right lines haha, where do you guys reccommend purchasing from? Looking at shipping and most people charge around 100 bucks for shipping and any place I've found where shipping is reasonable they've chucked 100% profit onto the price -.-

I'm from West End in Brisbane, should have mentioned that before haha

also does anyone have a write up on how to change the parker lights? want to swap them with LED's (want headlights to be white and foglights yellowed)
    Last edited by Sam aka 595SKJ; 11-07-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Hi! Welcome! Love to see you around at a few meet ups we have in Brisbane! We try to be friendly haha

Howdy and welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Sam aka 595SKJ View Post
    Yea sweet as, good to know I'm roughly along the right lines haha, where do you guys reccommend purchasing from? Looking at shipping and most people charge around 100 bucks for shipping and any place I've found where shipping is reasonable they've chucked 100% profit onto the price -.-

I'm from West End in Brisbane, should have mentioned that before haha

also does anyone have a write up on how to change the parker lights? want to swap them with LED's (want headlights to be white and foglights yellowed)

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...tml#post271619

Right here.
    Along with every other light pretty much except headlights haha. Haven't needed to do those yet.
    Have a read through my thread, few "How to" posts, all Indexed in the first post

My foglights are yellow, though that's from tint, not the bulb and light output.

I'm over on the south east of Brizzy!
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Black mps's always look nice, good job!

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...tml#post271619

Right here.
    Along with every other light pretty much except headlights haha. Haven't needed to do those yet.
    Have a read through my thread, few "How to" posts, all Indexed in the first post

My foglights are yellow, though that's from tint, not the bulb and light output.

I'm over on the south east of Brizzy!
    Thanks I live in west end myself, seen an mps near to me with the light setup I like haha, its an 06 grey one with a front mount? looks nice haha

Ben992
    Hi! Welcome! Love to see you around at a few meet ups we have in Brisbane! We try to be friendly haha
    yea for sure, heapps keen to come to a cruise, Im going to the p plater meet out at qr in a couple of weeks to go chop some sr's and v8's haha, was half close in my lancer but everyone else there was boosted so it was no fun, trying to get a rmm and rear sway by then though

Edgeautosport check the vendor section, also check some build threads for hints

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk