User Tag List

Thread: New to MPS crew - looking for advice...

1. Default New to MPS crew - looking for advice...

Hi guys,

Recently purchased a Gen1 Mps3 and have discovered i may have REM(rear engine mount - RMM) problems as i'm feeling crunches shifting into 2nd/3rd and struggling to even hit 2nd if i put my foot down -

Considering purchasing direct from Corksport - but just wondering if there's another local distributor seeing as how MPS Garage seem a little bit.... iffy...

Also - has anyone who has fitted the Corsksport RMM hated it? I notice that it's 80 duro, when others are 60-75 ?

Thanks guys.

2. Default

Hi and welcome
    REM could fix your problem and is a worthwhile upgrade anyway. If that doesn't fix it I would look at different gearbox oil next. I have ran the corksport 80a for a while and once it is run in I could barely notice any vibes over stock due to the size of the bushing. I'm upgrading to a JBR 80a in a couple of weeks as I'll be making more power (same duro smaller bushing = less movement but more vibes). For corksport your best off dealing with them directly. There customer service is really good and the parts usually arrive within a week or 2. For most other parts Edge autosport is recommended. If you send them a PM on here they will usually help you out with discounted shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Default

i installed mine about 200kms ago last week sometime got the CS direct from them and their shipping is great very quick easy to install only took around 45 minutes, mostly was trying to get the jack under the car (old big jack didnt like it) vibes went down in the first 100km but some are still noticeable, seems alot easier to get into 2nd no idea why though haha

I have a COBB one. Got it supplied and fitted from HPF dandenong. Was pretty cheap really. Corky and edge ship fast and cheap.

Pretty vibey though, but feels tough.
    Last edited by nas711; 22-06-2015 at 02:40 PM.

5. Default

Thanks for the advice guys. Helps out a lot!

I decided on the stage 2 CPE RMM from MPS Garage. I emailed Dan prior and got a fast reply informing me that he has it in stock and can Express post it to me next day.
    I'll let you guys know how smoothly the process goes.
    I needed it urgently and i liked the idea of the Stage2 a lot.

As someone who has had troubles with mpsgarage in the past, I would just suggest that you ask them (in writing) what their warranty arrangements are, particularly if, and how, they will honour cpe's lifetime warranty (I was asked to pay for shipping to the US when my mount's bushing fell apart).

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    As someone who has had troubles with mpsgarage in the past, I would just suggest that you ask them (in writing) what their warranty arrangements are, particularly if, and how, they will honour cpe's lifetime warranty (I was asked to pay for shipping to the US when my mount's bushing fell apart).
    Oh really? Which bushing did you have that fell apart?

I hope i didn't just make a terrible mistake with this CP-E RMM...

I read a lot of positive reviews on the stage2 mount...

Nah, you are OK mate. It was an early batch of the stage 1 that had the problem (lots of them failed) but think its fixed for s2 - I have no problem with the cpe parts, just the service and warranty I got to go with them.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Nah, you are OK mate. It was an early batch of the stage 1 that had the problem (lots of them failed) but think its fixed for s2 - I have no problem with the cpe parts, just the service and warranty I got to go with them.

Oh okay. Phew. That's good to hear.

I liked the logic behind the stage 2, and i couldn't really find a good equivalent in CS or COBB, so I am trying the CP-E for now. Wish me luck!

10. Default

I have the CP-e Stage 2 RMM for about 15000kays and it is fantastic. Vibes are virtually gone now and its still rock solid. 2nd best mod for the car behind RSB IMO.