User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You probably already hate me

Quote Originally Posted by jayfkN View Post
    Have you had experience in getting pulled over with the AP visibly mounted on your dash?
    Yeah, it actually got my speeding fine reduced

Showed the cop what it was, that it logged engine parameters etc and explained why I was doing just over 130kph (something funky in the tune, needed WOT logs)... He very nicely dropped the fine down one level

This was also at 1230am on an otherwise deserted road, which may have also helped my case... Said I'd specifically come out at that time of night to avoid having anyone else on the road
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

If you already have an AP, just use it. It is unlikely a cop will have any idea what it is. Just say it's monitoring/code reading device, or just unplug it. Plus, you don't have to have it on and visible to run a tune, so.....

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Yeah, it actually got my speeding fine reduced

Showed the cop what it was, that it logged engine parameters etc and explained why I was doing just over 130kph (something funky in the tune, needed WOT logs)... He very nicely dropped the fine down one level

This was also at 1230am on an otherwise deserted road, which may have also helped my case... Said I'd specifically come out at that time of night to avoid having anyone else on the road
    Wow haha. Being a P Plater and also of Lebanese descent I obviously don't expect that kind of treatment in the Western Suburbs of Sydney, but nevertheless that's an awesome story!

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    If you already have an AP, just use it. It is unlikely a cop will have any idea what it is. Just say it's monitoring/code reading device, or just unplug it. Plus, you don't have to have it on and visible to run a tune, so.....

Alright awesome, all I'd wanna do is put a boost gauge in the middle air vent but I mean that can always wait if the AP can provide an easy-to-read layout on the go of boost and whatnot. I need to do some reading up on the AP, seems like quite the handy device.

V2 or v3?

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    V2 or v3?

It's a V2!

So long as its not mounted directly in your line of sight, its no worse than having a GPS mounted on the windscreen.

Had a cop question me years ago about an Apexi Rev/Speed metre i had in my car at the time. Just told him it can be calibrated to show an accurate speed because of the after market wheels. He actually made the comment that all cars should have that!
    He didn't need to know it easured performance times and removed the 180KM/h speed limiter

Quote Originally Posted by jayfkN View Post
    Wow haha. Being a P Plater and also of Lebanese descent I obviously don't expect that kind of treatment in the Western Suburbs of Sydney, but nevertheless that's an awesome story!
    it actually happened in western sydney but i'm white as a ghost
    an AP boost gauge looks like this:
    http://i.imgur.com/4rkkA.jpg
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

just had a look through the laws, and this is what i came up with:
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/new-m...tml#post293913

Thanks for that. Can't wait for a HPFP and a tune!

How I mounted my AP

Default You probably already hate me

Looks good. Toon time
    What's the mount?

Last edited by Lachlan; 18-07-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Not sure if I'm noob but what do you mean?

e-tune. And I was curious what you used to mount it?

Understood, wasn't my lack of car knowledge just my lack of understanding english. Just a Grip&Go or whatever they're called.

15. Default

Good work on the car - super nice to drive with the right tune.

Remember its not a WRX - and you will have a great time cruising in it.

Btw afaik the iPhone needs a wifi adaptor but the android devices can use bluetooth.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123