User Tag List

Thread: Brake Service

1. Default Brake Service

Done a fair bit of searching but couldn't find what I was after so apologies if this is a repeat.

My front pads and rotors are cooked and I've had some replacements delivered from GSL. However, I've been calling around a few workshops and most seem reluctant to install parts that they didn't order (I'm guessing this is because they're upset they missed a sale on the parts).

Can anyone recommend a workshop to get my brakes done around Melbourne? Preference for inner or SE suburbs.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Al 2010 Gen 2 3MPS - CS SRI & TIP, Whiteline RSB

No idea on a workshop, but it's not actually hard to replace pads and rotors yourself if you are game. https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/pr...r-mazdaspeed3/

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyidiot39 View Post
    Done a fair bit of searching but couldn't find what I was after so apologies if this is a repeat.

My front pads and rotors are cooked and I've had some replacements delivered from GSL. However, I've been calling around a few workshops and most seem reluctant to install parts that they didn't order (I'm guessing this is because they're upset they missed a sale on the parts).

Can anyone recommend a workshop to get my brakes done around Melbourne? Preference for inner or SE suburbs.

Cheers

I did mine myself
    Queenslands Bossy Bitch

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyidiot39 View Post

Cheers

Try ABS Moorabbin. Fitted my suspension I had ordered. Infact, the Moorabbin area is filled with mechanics, a lot would be appreciative of the business.
    3 MPS - Rolling on Pirelli PZero Neros, sitting on Bilstein B12's, stock internals... still makes me smile with the Zoom Zoom.

normal for most to refuse to use outside products. just find a local non franchise mechanic, and he will do it. probably pay a little higher labour, but that is the trade off from sourcing your own parts.

I was due for new rotors, so on my next service, asked my regular Mazda dealer here to fit my new DBR rotor and Hawk pads. They quoted me what it would costs to fit them and it cost me way less than the time I would have spent messing around doing it and was done right. They have the gear and the hoists and would have been doing a similar job anyway.