User Tag List

Thread: Multiple CELs, HELP! Gen 2 MPS

Default Multiple CELs, HELP! Gen 2 MPS

Hi guys,

My car has been having moments where it feels like the fuel has been cut off from the car and I can't accelerate and the car vibrates, after I tap the pedal a couple times it becomes normal again. This would have once in a blue moon, however couple days ago this problem just didn't go away and I simply couldn't drive the car. I don't know if the car is misfiring, I can't accelerate with it vibrating or feeling like its about to stall and the inability to accelerate coming and going.

I borrowed a mates AP and got the following CELs:

PCM:
    P0101 - MAF circuit range performance problem
    P0171 - Fuel trim system lean bank 1
    P2096 - Target A/F feedback system too lean

EPS:
    U0100 - Lost communication with PCM

I've read posts other posts, but no one has had these CELs pop up at the same time.

I have an short ram intake, TIP, upgraded TMIC, BPV 1, and I changed my sparks at 100k, im currently at 130k.

Haven't driven the car since, but before I send my car off to a mechanic I want to see what can be done first.
    If I do need to send it for repairs, I would like to avoid MAZDA, any knows of a good mechanic which has
    dealt with our Cars in VIC.

Cheers.
    imi

JBR Short Shift plate, JBR Solid Bushing, 18" Black with Silver Lip Ox Wheel, CS SRI, CS TIP, CS Airbox, 3" Double Walled exhaust TIP,
    RDA front & rear slotted rotors, Remsa pads
    , CS Rear Sway Bar, JBR rear engine mount and transmission mount

Fuel pump not keeping up with mods?, can you try flashing a safe map with your mates AP to see if it helps? did you have any kind of tune for your car?

Are you sure the wiring harness isn't being damaged by the TIP you installed, certain clamps are known to have eventually rubbed the insulation off and created shorts, perhaps yours is progressing get more damage. All those codes sound pretty nasty.

+1 to checking wiring harness

Symptoms are abit like when i forgot to plug my MAF back in once...

My wiring harness has been previously etched into, it left a slight scratch in the insulation. This was about 2 years ago, since then I had that section thoroughly taped over and I repositioned the clamp. I checked it today, and it is in the same condition from when I taped it, 100%. Haven't got tune on my car and I would be surprised if my fuel pump couldn't keep up with my simple bolt on mods. Ill try running the safe map and see how that goes. Any other idea guys?

If not fuel pump or wiring harness, possibility that your maf sensor is shot or dirty

It's certainly possible for your hpfp to be going with a full intake and tmic...

The vibration almost makes me think bent rod...

What intake do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    It's certainly possible for your hpfp to be going with a full intake and tmic...

The vibration almost makes me think bent rod...

What intake do you have?
    Suspect he has the same corksport stage 2 intake as I do
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

Yeah I have a stage 2 corksport, thanks for the feedback. I'll reply once I eliminate a few troubleshooting options.

11. Default

use your mates AP to monitor fuel pressures and trims

12. Default

To me it sounds like you may have a leak in your intake. Double check all fittings, especially the the silicone after the MAF and before the TIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mspec View Post
    If not fuel pump or wiring harness, possibility that your maf sensor is shot or dirty
    +1upgraded fuel pump not required with these mods , more like dirty or faulty MAF sensor . (all cels directing to this issue ) Check the pins for bent connection and give sensor a thorough clean ,make sure the O ring is not damaged and leaking !!!!.
    This is where i would start. MAF sensors are know to fault & need relacing.
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

Hey guys,

So after dismantling my intake and TIP, the problem was very much obvious. The air straightener adapter which came built in with my corksport MAF housing has come off, it was sitting in the pod filter. By the looks of it, it was simply glued in by the manufacturer, I didn't want it coming off again so I just removed it altogether in before reinstalling. After reinstalling no more cels and car is running smooth as usual. Yay!!
    Should I glue that piece back in or it isn't important?

Cheers guys

JBR Short Shift plate, JBR Solid Bushing, 18" Black with Silver Lip Ox Wheel, CS SRI, CS TIP, CS Airbox, 3" Double Walled exhaust TIP,
    RDA front & rear slotted rotors, Remsa pads
    , CS Rear Sway Bar, JBR rear engine mount and transmission mount

Wow seriously! Who would have guessed. I think you should put it back In if possible I have read people having issues without it @brandonjATCorkSport ?
    Last edited by Mspec; 10-07-2014 at 10:37 PM.

Wowzaz! Same thing happened to mine years ago. Bit of super glue and it has been fine since.

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mspec View Post
    Wow seriously! Who would have guessed. I think you should put it back In if possible I have read people having issues without it @brandonjATCorkSport ?
    Without the straightener you will get similar issues eventually. Dab some clear silicone adhesive around the lip of the straightener and wipe an excess. It will stand up to the under hood temps and last a long time.
    Last edited by brandonjATCorkSport; 11-07-2014 at 03:29 AM.
    Cheers,
    Brandon Johnson
    CorkSport Mazda Performance
    (360)260-2675 ext. 106
    BrandonJ@corksport.com

CorkSport.Com

Good to see, Glad it was an easy fix .