User Tag List

Thread: 4th Gear WOT log

Default 4th Gear WOT log

Hi guys, did my 1st WOT log earlier today to see how everything is running. Currently running a Stage 2 OTS map with a 3" HTP intake and tip, with the autotech HPFP internals. I have noticed that my AFR's are really rich - hitting 8.67 from cell 137 onwards. I've done a MAF scalar for the increase in my MAF housing but everything still seems to be out by a fair bit. From my limited knowledge could it be a boost leak? I still seem to be hitting boost targets... Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Seems pretty rich the whole time? Do you know what the target AFR is?

but then again I have no idea what I'm talking about.

There are some easy to follow guides on MAF calibration. I haven't tried it yet - but it looks pretty straight forward.

MAF Calibration Tutorial - Mazdaspeed Forums

Yeah, pretty sure the target AFR's are 11.6. I've already done a closed loop MAF cal and that was easy enough and i thought I'd give the WOT calibration a go but wanted to throw it up here first and see if anyone picked up something else that could cause an issue

Something very wrong there, very rich and also your calculated load is very high for what your running.

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    Something very wrong there, very rich and also your calculated load is very high for what your running.
    this ^
    k04 isnt capable of holding 2.3+ loads to 5500rpm+
    and i seriously doubt you are flowing 330g/s of air

try this MAF cal:
    MAF calibrations for bigger intakes - Mazdaspeed Forums

EDIT: a HTP 3" is 3" external diameter, think it's 2.87 internally...
    so if you scaled for 3" internally, it'll be off
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 05-07-2014 at 08:40 PM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Thanks guys, you're absolute legends! I can't thank you enough. I'll give those MAF cals a go and let you know how it is. It sucks I live all the way up in Cairns, would be nice to finally put a face to all these names

let us know how it turns out

So, i made the adjustments to the MAF curve and re flashed last night. went for a bit of a drive today and had a CEL light appear so checked it and the fuel system is too rich. Performed a MAF cal log to see what my LTFT were like and they were out by 11-13%. Ive now done a MAF cal to bring everything back in line and I'll see how she goes during the week. do you think it would be worth me trying a tank of 95 @SarcasticOne to see if that has any effects?? Also, living up here in cairns with the warmer climate could the air density be making much difference? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 190MPS View Post
    do you think it would be worth me trying a tank of 95
    What fuel are you using at the moment?

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    What fuel are you using at the moment?

using BP98

Cool, thought you might have been running regular or something. Make sure you give the car some time between maf cals to adjust. I don't see LTFT settling down until between 50 and 150km after a new cal.

nah, keep using the same fuel, no point changing it up