User Tag List

Thread: Gen 2 driver side front knock

Default Gen 2 driver side front knock

2011 Gen 2 MPS, totally stock apart from Ford E-focus rmm.

27,000km.

Get this front end knock on the driver's side when accelerating hard whilst turning right, or reversing out of driveways with the steering wheel on full lock to the left.

It used to be pretty random but now it happens pretty much every day at a particular intersection when I turn right.

Any ideas what it could be on a car with those km's?

I installed the mount a few months ago but haven't checked the bolt since. I had torqued the bolts to 80 ft/lbs.

Cheers

Guessing bump stops or sway bar end links...

3rd option, shocks have gone

Really, so soon?

I had something similar to this. When I full locked to the right and drove around I could head a knocking noise on the front left. Luckily I had the car booked for service already and they told me it was my front left wheel bearing which they replaced

I had something similar in my SS commy, turned out to be one of the front control arm bushes.

Ok well its booked in week after next for a service and I'll get the workshop to check it out.

Weak as piss if its suspension related in less than 30,000km.

Quote Originally Posted by Brissy_MPS3 View Post
    Ok well its booked in week after next for a service and I'll get the workshop to check it out.

Weak as piss if its suspension related in less than 30,000km.
    My commy only had slightly more k's when my bushing spit the dummy replaced with urethane superoo and problem solved all rubber parts are crap lol
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

Quote Originally Posted by Mspec View Post
    My commy only had slightly more k's when my bushing spit the dummy replaced with urethane superoo and problem solved all rubber parts are crap lol
    Yeah that's true, but on the other hand I also have a old HSV VP that developed its first suspension knock at 140,000km!

Quote Originally Posted by Brissy_MPS3 View Post
    Yeah that's true, but on the other hand I also have a old HSV VP that developed its first suspension knock at 140,000km!
    Bonus!

I had both front shocks replaced under warranty at 49000. Now at 106000 and replacing the oem ones with bilstein as they have gone again.