User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd gear WOT Log - State 1 OTS 98

Default 3rd gear WOT Log - State 1 OTS 98

I did two 3rd gear pulls - had been driving for a while prior (so the car was warmed up).

I have noticed that boost seems a little low?

and that my fuel pump seemed to only just be keeping up (dropped to 1606) but I'm getting new internals installed soon.

If anyone sees anything that looks off please let me know....Im running a stage 1 OTS 98 tune from Cobb.

Thanks in advance guys
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Fever; 26-06-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Fuel pressure looks ok from what I can gather (no expert) @SarcasticOne ?

Looks to be running a bit lean I think

@chef do you know if that boost reading is normal? Looks low

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Looks to be running a bit lean I think
    what makes you say that? (For my benefit)

Boost looks low to me check all your clamps are tight and on correctly. Standard intercooler? What intake you running?

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    Boost looks low to me check all your clamps are tight and on correctly. Standard intercooler? What intake you running?
    Stock everything.

Ill check boost leak tonight - what should boost be?
    2005 6 MPS - Cobb AP - Auto tech HPFP internals - CorkSport RMM - 3inch ceramic coated downpipe - SRI - TIH - FMIC - Oil Catch Can - RayD tuned. 190kw@wheels, 410nm, 20psi.

I would of thought between 14-15psi as that is what I had, I had a Cobb Sri though.

What car? 3 or 6?

Can you post up the map you are running?

11. Default

Im running the Cobb ots stock 98 map - I left my AP at home but ill post it tonight.

Its possible the map is just conservative on boost? Waste gate data seemed high? Makes me think not a boost leak....but I really have no idea what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Fever; 27-06-2014 at 08:33 AM.

@Rayd might be able to provide some ideas

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fully6mps View Post
    @Rayd might be able to provide some ideas
    Hmm no worries. Thanks for checking it out - im going to get a new OTS map from someone. So might not be worth worrying about too much.
    2005 6 MPS - Cobb AP - Auto tech HPFP internals - CorkSport RMM - 3inch ceramic coated downpipe - SRI - TIH - FMIC - Oil Catch Can - RayD tuned. 190kw@wheels, 410nm, 20psi.

Its weird because the boost you achieve seems lower than the stock setting, ots maps generally tend to increase boost somewhat. Check the revision of the map on your ap and compare to the cobb website might be a newer version you can download from cobb to test

15. Default

Yeah, ill check that too. Before I installed it I checked for updates but that may just be firmware...

maybe I picked the wrong map. There were 3 with the same name - I picked the first one lol.

Make sure you read the description for each map, it should tell you what the mod requirements are in order to run it. Problem with ots maps is I'm pretty sure they target a certain boost give or take 1.5 psi, if what you are hitting is in line with that it might be fine.

17. Default

Make sure you read the description for each map, it should tell you what the mod requirements are in order to run it. Problem with ots maps is I'm pretty sure they target a certain boost give or take 1.5 psi, if what you are hitting is in line with that it might be fine.
    Yeah true, I will have a closer at it tonight.

Thanks

@damien smith just one other reminder use the world market maps on the cobb site not the domestic ones
    Last edited by Mspec; 27-06-2014 at 01:46 PM.
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mspec View Post
    @damien smith just one other reminder use the world market maps on the cobb site not the domestic ones
    When you say world market not domestic....do you mean world not USA?

Correct unless you are in the USA?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast