User Tag List

Thread: Hey exploding Torque Solutions RMM

1. Default Hey exploding Torque Solutions RMM

I purchased this Torque Solutions RMM , claimed 75 duro at the end of April, with no more than 600kms on it, heard a TWANG one day just cruising, pulled over, looked under the car, didnt notice or feel anything.
    Then two weeks later i install JBR TMM and PMM, put 200kms or so on those, and today in the wet 2nd gear had retarded axle tramp, and when i would throttle on, there was a pretty bad knock.

Jacked the car up couple hours ago and found this....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	16412Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image3.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	16413Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image4.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	16414

the other half of the inards is MIA, probably on the road somewhere. They claim "High grade polyurethane material
    ", but it felt like cheap rubber.
    So unfortunately ive had to put my OEM RMM back in, and wait for my JBR RMM from the states.

Balls to the wall

I had one of these (torque solutions) in my old car and I beat on it day after day without fail. In saying that a few other people on here and on the US forums have had some use issues with them.

3. Default

Yeh i saw a thread on mzf where i think the first run cobb or cpe? rems squeezed out the bushing in a similar fashion.
    At least the company warrant their product and will send me some new inserts. WANT TO BUY IT? NEVER BOOSTED

Ive been running the same Torque Solutions rmm as you for about 4months now. No issues yet. Touch wood.

Thats some bad luck man. Did you over torque the bolts? What did you have it set at?

5. Default

70ft lbs all round.
    Yeh just inspect the RMM after a couple hundred kms. Fortunately i had the jbr side mounts when it failed, or else idve had one sloppy motor

Quote Originally Posted by Ag MPS View Post
    Ive been running the same Torque Solutions rmm as you for about 4months now. No issues yet. Touch wood.

Thats some bad luck man. Did you over torque the bolts? What did you have it set at?