User Tag List

Thread: Cams, Cams, Cams, Cams.....Finally Performance Camshafts!

1. Default

These are a pretty in depth install! Read the instructions and product requirements before ordering!

Just out of stock till July 10th
    Looking forward to krtiz's results!

Stage cams for ported heads plz

Yes dare say I'll be looking into these! Making the k04 breathe better up top, sounds good to me! Will definitely be keeping an eye on the people who put these on :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Fck, 5/5 for difficulty. Another trip to Newcastle then lol.

Seriously, for people like me who want to keep our precious K04, but have gone as far as reasonably possible with bolts ons and tuning, this could be another nice piece in the puzzle.
    Would the sound of the car change? I've heard of lumpy cams in V8's, they sounds crazy, rough idle etc. Although they stress to mention no loss of torque at low RPM so perhaps idle not affected too much. Man, this is cool.

Who can tune with these then?
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post

Seriously, for people like me who want to keep our precious K04, but have gone as far as reasonably possible with bolts ons and tuning, this could be another nice piece in the puzzle.
    Would the sound of the car change? I've heard of lumpy cams in V8's, they sounds crazy, rough idle etc. Although they stress to mention no loss of torque at low RPM so perhaps idle not affected too much. Man, this is cool.

Rob in freek tune has done 2 now
    One is a k04 flowing ~330g/s which is a fair bit it's good enough for about 260-270kw at the wheels

He's done a gtx3076 as well...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

They aren't lumpy, they specified a stable idle... that said, i kinda like the idea of keeping the k04 with it's mental spool and then having the potential to go to 260+ kw atw.
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Just out of stock till July 10th
    Looking forward to krtiz's results!
    They sold really quick!

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Stage cams for ported heads plz
    Maybe in time.

They don't sound like a lumpy like V8. It isn't insanely aggressive at idle. We wanted to keep it as close to stock idle as possible, but give the maximum amount of performance!
    Cheers,
    Brandon Johnson
    CorkSport Mazda Performance
    (360)260-2675 ext. 106
    BrandonJ@corksport.com

CorkSport.Com