User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Replacement Engine Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    @Douganator ill be down hamilton in a few weeks time in the dinsdale area..can see how my car feels with a 80a jbr mount..mines a 6 tho so maybe a bit diff
    Sounds good. I'll see if I can hang out that long. I am concerned it's gonna damage something.

Quote Originally Posted by Douganator View Post
    Sounds good. I'll see if I can hang out that long. I am concerned it's gonna damage something.
    It won't. Iv got jbr 88s in mine and car is still in one piece...mostly. I still think you might have a 75 in a 60 box by accident. Worth having a check if you can.

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

So I tried to make a little video. Keep in mind that my MPS is stock with no other mods. So all the low frequency noise is the rumble of the CP-E rear mount. You might need to listening using a good audio setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqkX...ature=youtu.be

I think you should calm down! Give the mount 500-1000km to settle and you won't notice it. 60 duro is still a very soft mount compared to others on the market. Some extra engine noise, like in your video, isn't surprising since you've removed the rubber deadening all of the noise in the stock mount.

I ran a JBR 88duro for a while. Vibed like an absolute mofo for the first 1000km (I thought I'd totally ruined the car) but after I gave it some time it settled and you'd only notice the vibes on over-run and if you rode on friction point. I've gone back to stock now, and hate every second of it.

Even then, surely some vibes are worth it for proper shift feel and reduced torque steer!

Quote Originally Posted by Douganator View Post
    So I tried to make a little video. Keep in mind that my MPS is stock with no other mods. So all the low frequency noise is the rumble of the CP-E rear mount. You might need to listening using a good audio setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqkX...ature=youtu.be
    Spotto evo at 1:20 :P

My JBR 80duro RMM only makes itself known when the engine is revving at around 1500RPM, these days. So 'give it time' has some merit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123