User Tag List

Thread: Tyres for Mazda 3 MPS

Default Tyres for Mazda 3 MPS

Hi All

I am new to this site and apologise in advance if this question has been done to death.

I have had my MPS now for 3 years and have gone through almost a set of tyre a year. Is this normal or am I buying really crap tyres? Can anyone recommended a good set that will last more than a year.

Cheers

Get a proper wheel alignment... It's not a tire issue

Welcome to the site.
    Your tyres last a whole year!?!

What tyres are you running? What is your alignment like?

Were they worn only on the inside and had to be binned? If so, that's camber/toe eating them. This is a very common issue, especially on the gen 2. You can get adjustable camber arms from lots of suppliers or adjustable toe arms from @2XS which allow you to get a proper alignment. Rotation will also really help.

If they were worn all over then you could switch to a harder compound, but <grip.

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Sarcasticone beat me to it!

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk

how many km are you doing per year? If you are doing 50000km a year, well then the tyre wear may be warranted.

It also depends on the compound of the tyre, softer tyres generally wear quicker. What tyres are you using? Answer to these questions will also help provide accurate advice.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Get a proper wheel alignment... It's not a tire issue
    This^^ any new tyres should last more than a year unless you do crazy mileage, track days or burn outs. However I've recently found a good cost effective tyre Falken fk452 slight road noise but very good in rain and shine if your looking for options
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

7. Default

Falkens, Pirelli (on special), both great tyres for lasting 40k at least. Drive sensibly and you'll get better mileage.

Trick for those with directional tyres.
    Don't be such a tight arse!

Have the tyres removed off the rim and turned around so the inside is now the outside.
    Sure, it might cost up to $20 per tyre, but it doubles your tyre life (for those with camber wear) and is a crap load cheaper than new tyres

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Trick for those with directional tyres.
    Don't be such a tight arse!

Have the tyres removed off the rim and turned around so the inside is now the outside.
    Sure, it might cost up to $20 per tyre, but it doubles your tyre life (for those with camber wear) and is a crap load cheaper than new tyres
    i do that at the 20,000km mark with all my tyres.

About right mine last a year and I've got a proper alignment

Quote Originally Posted by Mspec View Post
    This^^ any new tyres should last more than a year unless you do crazy mileage, track days or burn outs. However I've recently found a good cost effective tyre Falken fk452 slight road noise but very good in rain and shine if your looking for options
    I used to have 452 on my corolla and they were hopless
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

Quote Originally Posted by Mspec View Post
    ok i'm beginning to question the wet weather ability of the fk452 I just did a wot on 3rd after a couple hundred k's of easy driving after installing fmic and hp internals and sparkies, flashing the stage 2 CS map.18.79 psi at wot and yeah no traction hehe pretty wet here in auckland today. Traction control didn't know what the hell was going on.
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I used to have 452 on my corolla and they were hopless
    After my last post I'm starting to agree with you @chef

Don't think any tyres any good going WOT in wet lol

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Don't think any tyres any good going WOT in wet lol

They were ok at stage 1 sri/tip really they were

I've tried Falken 452s on the MPS and on my old 3 series BMW.. They're junk tyres. Much better tyres around for the money.

17. Default

Check out Wheels, Tyres, Rims and Custom Mag Wheel Dealers | Ozzy Tyres

Awesome range and pretty decent prices.

- - - Updated - - -

Check out www.ozzytyres.com.au

Awesome range and pretty decent prices.