User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Perception of MPS's amongst other performance car owners

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermind View Post
    I like the sleeper look, it suits me just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by shinslinger66 View Post
    The reason I purchased my car was for the sleeper look...it ROCKS.
    Ford Focus ST - DRAGON(fly)SLAYER

Quote Originally Posted by teamfletch1 View Post

But it's just annoying sometimes when someone asks about your car and you have to make a 15min explanation on the Mazda pecking order and where the MPS sits
    Shouldn't take 15 mins to say:
    Fastest production Mazda

but stupid people think its still a M3 with no bells and whistles. I quite like the fact that most people are none the wiser

Nevermind Guest

I also get a buzz when people ask what car I drive and I just say a "mazda 3"...

Its quite strange

5. Default

no lesson to be learnt here at all. pretty sure we like people not knowing what our cars are, as someone pointed out earlier it means we don't attract unwanted attention.
    hrrmmm u know what man, I went for a drive after reading what you said and you're 100% right. It's great flying under the radar.

No commodore hoons picking fights with you.
    Police just drive past w/o giving you a 2nd glance.
    You get let through booze & drug buses alot of the time. In my previous cars I was pulled EVERY time I drove past a booze bus (maybe besides once). I think w/ the MPS I've only been pulled over 2 out of roughly 8-9 times. THIS IS TRUE MPS POWER!

...i get pulled over all the time..but im usually doing something

But when we head out to the spit on sundays...police presence everywhere...

The MPS guys always fly under the radar and are usually untouched.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Nevermind Guest

Its like a cloak of invisibility

8. Default

Starting to feel like a Klingon now..... Beam me up duggie

Quote Originally Posted by RoNi_SiZe View Post
    hrrmmm u know what man, I went for a drive after reading what you said and you're 100% right. It's great flying under the radar.

No commodore hoons picking fights with you.
    Police just drive past w/o giving you a 2nd glance.
    You get let through booze & drug buses alot of the time. In my previous cars I was pulled EVERY time I drove past a booze bus (maybe besides once). I think w/ the MPS I've only been pulled over 2 out of roughly 8-9 times. THIS IS TRUE MPS POWER!
    Don't think the new MPS (if it ever makes it) will have the same luxury, bigger wing and bonnet scoop going to attact attention

I'm wearing shoes of escaping !!!!

HellionXR6T Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Starting to feel like a Klingon now..... Beam me up duggie

"We come in peace, boost to thrill"......

Yes I've had my experiences 'under the RADAR', it's soo true. I'd say the "cloak" factor was a definite 'draw card' to the MPS.... Soo true. Picking on HeavySlowVehicles is getting a little tedious though

Nevermind Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HellionMPS View Post
    Picking on HeavySlowVehicles is getting a little tedious though
    Especially when they think they're sitting next to a plain old Mazda 3, your gone before they even realise you were up for the challenge... not that I condone or participate in illegal street racing

13. Default

IMO people are starting to catch on to what they are.

I regularly read a lot of forums, the up and coming perception is the hero car for boy racers (ie the new WRX).

Personally, I hope they never get that much attention, at the very least in the meantime they are more often than not seen as a was that kind of car?

Blog Entries

If the (new) ford XR6 turbo ute owner I encountered today is any indicator : Oh look! an MPS - someone to drag.

Probably one of the few vehicles around that could give him a decent run, . Of course I didn't - wouldn't expect to beat him anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    If the (new) ford XR6 turbo ute owner I encountered today is any indicator : Oh look! an MPS - someone to drag.

Probably one of the few vehicles around that could give him a decent run, . Of course I didn't - wouldn't expect to beat him anyway...
    Well not on takeoff....

Rolling start.... MPS =

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Blog Entries

I'll go one someday - on a track, of course.
    Not a chance of a safe squirt to the 60 speed limit even, so I just let him through, but gave the fronts chirrup on takeoff; I guess he knows I could've if I wanted to.
    In 4 lane arterial with no other traffic anywhere and an 80K limit from the lights, then I might have given him a dash to the limit.

He was giving it rolling squirts here and there. They're pretty damn quick. I don't know if he was WOT or not, but it gets up and goes well on the roll. Got a good look at the back of him - inch long scratch and dent on the gate already too. ahha.

WOT basically doesn't happen for me - nursing a restricted license and all. conservative is the order of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by teamfletch1 View Post
    really? MPS wins?
    I had one next to me from standstill at lights and I got to the "speed limit" first ... I think he was suprised , so we came to the next set of lights and he knew it was on ... I was quicker again but he just kept going way past speed limit when I slowed down, he had a girl in his car so I guess he felt he had to prove something !

Nevermind Guest

girls! they are just dead weight in races off the lights...

What can I say?? Chicks dig the line!!!!

20. Default

:lmao:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast