User Tag List

Thread: Cree LED fog lights. Will this fit on Gen 1 MPS 3?

Default Cree LED fog lights. Will this fit on Gen 1 MPS 3?

Hi guys.

I'm thinking of getting a pair of 9006/HB4 Cree LEDs for the fog lights.

Can somebody tell me if the below specs will fit on a Gen 1 MPS 3? I'm specifically referring to the size of the bulbs below.

Specs:

Socket type: 9006/HB4
    Power: 30W
    Voltage: 12-24V
    Item size: 6.1 * 3.7 * 1.8cm (Max length * socket length * head diameter)

Thanks!!

Have you opened up the manual to check the bulb base?

Also, have you worked out how to take the old ones out? You can check the measurements yourself and let us know.

H11 rings a bell for me... I have all those bulb sizes in my build thread if you wanna check it out...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm planning to order a set of 9005 cree led headlight for my Gen 1 MPS 3 that we just picked up that has halogen lighting at this moment and I'd like to try something different than HID kits. Just wanted to show these off to those that haven't seen these before as I just stumbled upon them in the last few days.

This is the best reference I've found for Gen 1 MPS light specifications:

Mazda 3 Light Bulb Specifications - 3, 323 etc. - OZMAZDA.com - Australian Mazda Owners Car Club/Forum

I've been using some CREE HB4 fog lights in my MPS for some months and they've been fine. Beware though that it's not a white light (and may not match your HID headlights if installed); I'd estimate they'd be around the 4300K - 5000K colour range.