User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bk mps dead spot

Default bk mps dead spot

hi guys an girls

only new on here ive got a 2006 bk mps with a few mods.

hpfp,dump pipe, turbo inlet pipe,air intake, internal actuator and a cobb access port

when i take off from lights i hit a dead spot then after a second or so the car takes off again
    also found it happens in other gears aswell. could be driving along on the hwy then put my foot down the car will gault then proced
    like normal. have already replaced the following

intank pump,coils,maf sensor,throttle body
    it has been to mazda and they advised for a dyno as they coudnt pin point a fault
    hopefully someones got a rough idea

cheers nick

Got logs of it happening?
    Sounds like fuel pressure drops/knock to be honest...

not 100% sure how to use the access port yet
    but was hetting a few codes one was pcm p2013 not sure wat it is

Get us some logs mate so we can have a look. While in the gauges screen press the center button to start and stop the log. V2 might be different not sure.

Sent from my HTC One X

No worries I'll do it tomorrow thanks, do I just save them and upload them to my computer?

Quote Originally Posted by makaih263 View Post
    No worries I'll do it tomorrow thanks, do I just save them and upload them to my computer?
    Use access port manager to save them to your computer (like copying files off a USB stick) then upload onto the forums
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I Haven't been able to take off and foot flat on the floor for a long time for that reason.
    anything part throttle is fine but 80% or higher it does as described. (doesnt really matter at >30% throttle = wheel spin)

logs show this is SWAS kicking in AFR goes massively rich for a second, then bam, back to normal.
    And confirmed by unplugging SWAS.
    Only occus in 1st though.

But seeing as though its happening in other gears... really need a log to see whats going on.
    I would say you have other issues there
    Last edited by AzzA SP20; 18-06-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Pull your plugs and check condition, colour and plug gap.

Sounds like fuel/boost cut...not to be a dick but i just don't get people that install something like an AP which can destroy an engine if not used correctly with out reading the full instruction manual a few times over before even installing.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Sounds like fuel/boost cut...not to be a dick but i just don't get people that install something like an AP which can destroy an engine if not used correctly with out reading the full instruction manual a few times over before even installing.
    Cause someone on the internet told them they needed one, so they did it, without researching what they were doing

I've been guilty of that in the past...
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

it was done in a package from mps garage
    how do i turn of the swas?

Quote Originally Posted by makaih263 View Post
    it was done in a package from mps garage
    how do i turn of the swas?
    In that case, they've probably screwed up the install... They're very good at that

Can you get logs of it happening?

Well there is your problem.
    I suggest you take your car to a real workshop, not those thieving liars, and get everything checked. Probably missing and loose bolts everywhere.
    And get someone who has a clue to check over the tune or switch to a basic tune (assuming "they" attempted their own tune)
    Last edited by bd581; 18-06-2014 at 05:32 PM.

14. Default

If MPS garage touched it i would start researching all the how to's on here and mazdaspeed forums before starting the car again.

Tick tick zoom zoom boom

Dam , did you check on forums before you let them toutch yor car?

I think you should donate, then flash an appropriate OTS map to the car, Cheek everything over and I mean everything! If problem persists, post logs of issue happening, disabling SWAS is not advisable if you have an issue.

Did they "custom tune" your car? Or just flash a standard map?

They just used a standard map was stage two I've heard bad reports about them but as always u never hear anything until ya been there I had it looked at today it's running way to lean and there appears to be a Brocken wire between the sensors on the throttle body apparently, but a Brocken r/h mount also doesn't help I guess, it's booked to be retuned with a custom map in Tuesday and the wire fixed will keep yas posted. Thanks again guy/girls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope it's a simple fox mate. I'm guessing the busted mount was the cause of the wire going pop. Also, just to be safe, I'd load your own tune (OTS, S-OTS, custom or whatever) when you get the car back. I wouldn't trust iirps to have either loaded the proper Australia specific tune, or the right one for your intake.

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast