User Tag List

Thread: Since we don't have a RHD shifter at the moment maybe this will keep you occupied!

1. Default Since we don't have a RHD shifter at the moment maybe this will keep you occupied!

Nice, but was there not an opportunity to apply a H pattern?

Especially that the lid can be swapped, seems a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Nice, but was there not an opportunity to apply a H pattern?

Especially that the lid can be swapped, seems a shame.
    +1000000 to that. Also in Black?

Flatten off the top and you could offer different engraving as options. CS as default, and have H pattern, MPS, Mazdaspeed, or whatever as options. Even custom ones maybe, if you have the setup? Could offer additional interchangeable ones with different colours/engravings for an extra $25 or something.

Sent from my evil apple using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    +1000000 to that. Also in Black?
    Black is available

Tapatorque steering

that be true. Now just for the H-pattern

also is that spring the same spring from the Corksport BOV? If so, nice!

The adjustable shifter for Gen2 is working fine in my RHD 2012 model

If those at Corksport don't realise, for whatever stupid reason (probably just to justify some pen pushers job) Its illegal in Australia not to have the shift pattern displayed - for those that care about the rules.
    However, a sticker on the console is acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    If those at Corksport don't realise, for whatever stupid reason (probably just to justify some pen pushers job) Its illegal in Australia not to have the shift pattern displayed - for those that care about the rules.
    However, a sticker on the console is acceptable
    Whilst it is annoying, this is one requirement I do believe is for safety. If someone that is foreign to the car, they need to know where the gears are and in particular, where reverse is so they don't accidentally go into the wrong gear.

so corksport, please have the H-pattern at least as an option.

Also is brushed aluminium going to be an option?

10. Default

Whilst it is annoying, this is one requirement I do believe is for safety. If someone that is foreign to the car, they need to know where the gears are and in particular, where reverse is so they don't accidentally go into the wrong gear.

so corksport, please have the H-pattern at least as an option.

Also is brushed aluminium going to be an option?
    Yes so thieves can quickly get into reverse and get away with no delays lol
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

I agree H pattern would be nice but if anyone else was to drive my car that isnt familiar with where reverse is (mechanic/tyre fitter etc) maybe just switch to standard.
    If u let a mate drive, just explain to them how to use reverse....if they cant remember that, then i wouldnt trust them driving it to begin with lol

Tapatorque steering

yea but not all cars are 6 speed. Even with 6 speed, sometimes the reverse is near 6th gear and not 1st.

Eg. In an emergency situation where some total random jumps in the car, they may need to know where the reverse is and quickly

Product Release ? CORKSPORT Adjustable Aluminum Shift Knob - Mazdaspeed Forums

seems like they are already getting feedback about the H pattern. I also agree with the following comments on there

I wish you could get it without the "ribbed for her pleasure base"...
    Delrin would also be preferable

14. Default

Product Release ? CORKSPORT Adjustable Aluminum Shift Knob - Mazdaspeed Forums

seems like they are already getting feedback about the H pattern. I also agree with the following comments on there

Delrin would also be preferable

We have had a lot of requests about different patterns and images on the lid for the knob. The main issue would finding a why that each thread engages at the same spot on the knob. Because its round it would be tough to get a consistent point to line up on everyone. Ill run it past the engineers and see what they say. Ill keep y'all posted!
    Cheers,
    Brandon Johnson
    CorkSport Mazda Performance
    (360)260-2675 ext. 106
    BrandonJ@corksport.com

CorkSport.Com

Even include a sticker for the H pattern in early versions that can sit beside the shifter.