User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: oil catch

I'm out of ideas. Should be working. Maybe your engine is just a clean freak. :s

haha heres hoping...will be back with results, if its a feck-up or it starts working properly. will have it moved over to the intake side sometime next week

Dont know about your OCC design but with the JBR one I was surprised at how many revolutions the drain tap needed before it started doing anything. It needed a solid 2-3 turns before anything started coming out.

Yeah, the jbr drain plug is shit. Mine seized up all the time and eventually broke. Replaced with a ball valve from bunnings and all fixed.

just a thought here at 1am in the morning...is there any benifit of running dual catch cans?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    just a thought here at 1am in the morning...is there any benifit of running dual catch cans?
    Yes there is...
    But I've only seen it on big power set ups... Not 100% certain on the benefit
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

1 Can for the crankcase breather and 1 for the valve cover. Only really needed when running high boost or tracking your car.

Mishimoto can arrived today. This is going to be my valve cover solution.

Product link
    Mishimoto Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can, 2-Port, by Mishimoto

It's smaller than I expected but that means it should fit even easier into the spot that I had in mind:

Just need to fabricate a little bracket and position it so it will be easy enough to unscrew the bottom to empty it out. Also need to pick up some hose, clamps and I will replace the plastic fittings with brass 15mm barbs as well. Should be able to connect it up with very short run hose lengths, the only problem is the inlet and outlet are kinda on the wrong sides so will need to be crossed over but should still look pretty neat if I do it right

I like the look of this catch can. I might consider it for my PCV one.

Mishimoto make an excellent larger catch can as well. That might suit a PCV OCC a little better as it's a bit of a pain in the ass to empty.

OK I went and picked up some brass fittings because the ones that came with the can were plastic, and also too small.

Overview:

Short Hose connected to the valve cover breather.

I am pretty damn happy with the result. Emptying the can is a bit tricky as you need to unscrew the bottom, but can be done easily enough if you remove the plastic covers on the battery and ECU.

Nice work, looks really clean. I'm keen on doing the same setup. Thanks for posting.

Good job. Shouldn't need to be emptied very often.

Yea chances are itll catch nothing during normal driving and then fill up immediately after 1 track day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12