User Tag List

Thread: Oil Catch Can Opinion please

1. Default Oil Catch Can Opinion please

Hi OZMPS

After much online research and reviews,
    I was looking to purchase an oil catch can for my little 3.

Now i came across a few brands but i mainly narrowed it down to 2 in particular.
    Much rave is about the JBR OCC as well as the Damond motorsport OCC
    I am currently leaning towards the Damond Motorsport OCC Version 3 as i intend to run a CAI.

My question is what oil catch can do you guys use and if it is any of the 2 mentioned, how are they from your personal experience?
    Last edited by tsam; 10-06-2014 at 10:25 PM.

2. Default

I was in the exact boat as you this week, i triggered the MD s1 OCC, purely based on price and cheaper shipping. I believe both baffle similarly with perforated baffle layers, the jbr check valve appears a bit larger.
    MD's cans are saikou michi, you can google that can, they vary in diameter. Again to put it into price perspective the saikou michi 2.75" can is $110 direct not including shippin.. add cost for hose, clamps, barbs and check valve and it can work out roughly the same minus shipping from the States. Anyways, the $40 odd dollars i saved over the JBR i can use at the $2 peep show and a bag of potatoes

3. Default

Yeah I've just gotten a Damond kit too, waiting on delivery of it. Looked abit more clean and tidy to me that's why I went for it.

4. Default

900kms in, when installing LED foglights , decided to empty my MD OCC, and got quite a drab of crap. Could only imagine after 5000kms...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0993.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	16651

Quote Originally Posted by creole View Post
    900kms in, when installing LED foglights , decided to empty my MD OCC, and got quite a drab of crap. Could only imagine after 5000kms...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0993.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	16651
    From cerveza to stout in just a few minutes
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!