User Tag List

Thread: Concerns over a modded MPS' service at a dealership??

Default Concerns over a modded MPS' service at a dealership??

Hey guys, perhaps some others may have had experience with this situation:

I live close to the Wanneroo Mazda dealership, so naturally it's a good idea to get my general service there, right? Well, since my last service I've modded my vehicle, air intake included. They got in contact with me recently to arrange my next service a couple of days and I told the receptionist that my 3 MPS was modded a little bit but nothing too serious I.E. engine internals not touched (yet...) etc. She went and talked to the technicians there and she informed that apparently it would be OK to get my next service with them.

So I've arranged a date and am taking it in early this Thursday, but I'm still concerned about it, maybe it was the fact that this receptionist seemed and sounded like she was a new employee; I was instantly skeptical, but still kept the appointment.

My question is, should I expect any hassle or surcharges from the technicians, anything like that? Would they charge extra just because of the fact that they have to negotiate around an SRI, shifter plate, etc? I change my own oil/filter myself so that's a no-brainer. But I gathered that Wanneroo would know about the MPS modding stuff considering that those suburbs are rife with tuners looking after Skylines and Wrexes on a daily.

Cheers guys,
    KZ
    METAL, MOSHING, & MPS MAYHEM
    |
    JBR Stage 2 SRI | Turbosmart Kompact BPV | Ultimate Racing resonated CBE | CS SSP @ 35%; exhaust hanger bushings | Rota DPT "Fighter" matte black 18x8.5 +44 | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 245/35-series | ScanTool OBDLink LX | TWM "Big Type R" 600gr shift knob | MANY MORE INSTALLS TO COME...

I've gone to dealers with dp/Sri/tmic before.
    They just won't change your air filter
    As long as the mods don't cause the issue, you should be fine!

Thanks Sarcastic, now I can just drive down the road and catch the bus back, awesome!!

Mods will be fine, everyone modded these days

It'll be fine. Just remind them that you have an SRI and things, just so they don't automatically charge you for a new filter and stuff.

6. Default

take advantage of your stealership shuttle service, dont catch the bus!