User Tag List

Thread: Autotech hpfp

Default Autotech hpfp

Hey all

just had my hpfp delivered from edge auto... Can anyone tell me if a mazda dealer would install this without much hassle?

thanks

no its after market i highly doubt they would touch it and probably advise against modding your car.. lol
    that said ..look at the instructions provided. take your time get a friend and put it in! maybe update your thread with your location and you might get a volunteer from the forum

There's plenty of how to's floating round, videos, and a tool list. You will need to take a quick trip to supercheapauto. If you have a work bench and vice. You can do it yourself

Sent from my HTC One X

Highly doubt they would fit an aftermarket

And have an uncle that's got the tools and such.. Might ask him tomrrow

its pretty easy if you have patience, basic tools and compressed air. I did it at home with a bit of help. Make sure you have a deep (and I mean really deep) socket for disassembling the pump though, saves a trip half way through :S

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

if your uncle cant and your in NSW? plenty experienced around here Ray'd or mps2nv even i can if they cant.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    if your uncle cant and your in NSW? plenty experienced around here Ray'd or mps2nv even i can if they cant.
    just profile stalked you saw your overseas hehe... Bit far to travel
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

It's alright there Reddjinn... Iv got plenty of beer if you could make the trip

Well actually, I got a Mazda dealer to install the Autotech HPFP in my 6 a few months back (I'm mechanically challenged). To my surprise, the Service Advisor didn't have an issue and was all for it! It was somewhere around $80, possibly less. The Mazda branch is Queensland....might be different in other states or overseas though.

Any decent non dealer mechanic will install this for you i'm sure? you must have a mechanic that you know and trust probably cheaper than Mazda too. Personally I cheated when I had mine installed, but I did watch them do it and to be perfectly honest, I could have probably done it myself. I'm sure your family mechanic will have no problems.
    Last edited by Mspec; 09-06-2014 at 09:51 AM.

PS, If you don't have a mechanic in mind I can suggest a really great one in New Lynn, that has done huge amounts of work for myself and my brother in the past, really honest family workshop and very reasonable prices.

Reason I asked bout mazda dealers is coz I got a mate that's 2ic at my local and he could pull some strings and I get cheap prices

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    Reason I asked bout mazda dealers is coz I got a mate that's 2ic at my local and he could pull some strings and I get cheap prices

This maybe your best bet then, should be no worries. If he can't get them to do it at the dealership due to "non Mazda part liability" then perhaps he can see if one the mechanics can do a "homer" on his day off/weekend.
    Last edited by Mspec; 09-06-2014 at 02:45 PM.
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

@kiwi how did you get on with this mate? any luck getting the Mazda tech to sort it out for you?

its still sitting there in the box...just waiting for my next day off, been watching a few videos on youtube and the job seems easy enuf so might have a look around the garage for the tools required..it could be "fun"

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    its still sitting there in the box...just waiting for my next day off, been watching a few videos on youtube and the job seems easy enuf so might have a look around the garage for the tools required..it could be "fun"
    It looks harder than it really is, Provided you have a long tube 18mm socket and T10 torque socket (I think they are the ones) then you will do it no problem. Take your time, Pull the battery box, TIP, and air intake out. Makes it alot easyier to get to the 19mm (I think) nut under the pump. Go easy taking the yellow and blue clips off the lines that attach to the pump you don't want to break them, Well that's what the video I watched said.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    It looks harder than it really is, Provided you have a long tube 18mm socket and T10 torque socket (I think they are the ones) then you will do it no problem. Take your time, Pull the battery box, TIP, and air intake out. Makes it alot easyier to get to the 19mm (I think) nut under the pump. Go easy taking the yellow and blue clips off the lines that attach to the pump you don't want to break them, Well that's what the video I watched said.
    It really isn't complicated. Our instructions say 2 hours, but really doesn't take more than an hour.
    Cheers,
    Brandon Johnson
    CorkSport Mazda Performance
    (360)260-2675 ext. 106
    BrandonJ@corksport.com

CorkSport.Com