User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stratified MazdaSpeed / Mazda MPS S-OTS+ Tune

Quote Originally Posted by 190MPS View Post
    Na mate, just stage 1. Still have stock DP and TMIC. Flashed the new tune yesterday and loving it, car drives smoother and like @SarcasticOne said the gear changes seem smoother. I have however had a CEL come up today saying fuel system too rich - took a MAF cal log and my LTFT are hovering between -8.5 and -12.5. SarcasticOne, with my limited knowledge of tuning, do you think this has something to do with fuel we have over here? I know they ask if we use 91 or 93 Oct and the map given to me is based on 93. I'm currently using BP98 so is this why the ecu is pulling fuel? do you recommend me trying a tank of 95 and reflashing the same map to see what happens?
    Nah, suspect the MAF cal is slightly off... But it could be a winter thing, likely find it gets more accurate closer to summer. But as long as WOT is on point

Our 98 is very similar (in theory) to their 93
    Quote Originally Posted by Ag MPS View Post
    I'm running a stage 2 S-OTS+ tune with stock DP and TMIC. I questioned why and they (Stratified) said my car flows well enough for a stage 2 tune just from a 3" intake and HPFP internals.
    So far so good.
    Main thing for "stage 2" is a hpfp
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

ok, should i just clear that code and keep an eye on things? I had another code come up this morning coming home from work - P0101. There's no additional info about it on the AP, anyone know what this one is??

Quote Originally Posted by 190MPS View Post
    ok, should i just clear that code and keep an eye on things? I had another code come up this morning coming home from work - P0101. There's no additional info about it on the AP, anyone know what this one is??
    MAF issue
    Clean and reinstall it
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

4. Default

Has anyone had any issues with knock with S-OTS?

Quote Originally Posted by Fever View Post
    Has anyone had any issues with knock with S-OTS?
    Nope
    I've had 0 issues, other than the usual "knock" when changing gears... But that's false knock

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Nope
    I've had 0 issues, other than the usual "knock" when changing gears... But that's false knock
    Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    i have a "stage 2" S-OTS, and i prefer it to the cobb maps
    find it much smoother and nicer to drive...

Sounds weird, but this is the first time my gearshifts haven't felt massively jerky since I bought the car
    I finally know what you mean - Ray did a tune for me - it basically a different car.
    I can cruise around and it feels like a regular 6/3.
    give it a bit and it get up to 8psi to have a touch of fun.
    or cain it and hit 17psi boost.

Custom/non cobb ots tunes are 100% where its at.
    2005 6 MPS - Cobb AP - Auto tech HPFP internals - CorkSport RMM - 3inch ceramic coated downpipe - SRI - TIH - FMIC - Oil Catch Can - RayD tuned. 190kw@wheels, 410nm, 20psi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12