User Tag List

Thread: Aftermarket exhaust hangers

Default Aftermarket exhaust hangers

For those with aftermarket exhausts, did you change the exhaust hangers?
    I have on a dual exit Ultimate Racing cat back (no res), and there is a fair bit of movement when pushed left and right, this is causing tapping against the car body on some bumps.
    Will new, more rigid hangers fix this? If so, what have you used?

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    I have on a dual exit Ultimate Racing cat back (no res), and there is a fair bit of movement when pushed left and right, this is causing tapping against the car body on some bumps.
    my HKS system is tucked up pretty tightly on the back of my gen2.
    no such tapping ot rattling etc.

the way the hangers are its almost preloaded the hangers, so doesn't move much.

Anyway, your's is tapping, so yes aftermarket hangers will stop almost all movement.

Corksport make polyurethane hanger kits for the gen2 off the shelf.
    be warned, pain in the ass to put on, and nightmare to remove have used them on other cars before.
    and subsequently you get slightly more exhaust vibrations in the cabin.

certainly better than a taping, rattle or melting the rear bumper though

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedDave View Post
    Here is a link to our urethane exhaust hangers. They will not tend to sag and get soft like the factory rubber ones. The are a kind of difficult to get on but a little grease will make it easier to slip on. If you are only tapping on throttle these will likely solve your issue. If you are consistent tap your hangers may not be in the correct locations, causing the exhaust to be a little catty-wampas.

Mazda Exhaust Parts | Urethane Exhaust Hangers

Cheers,
    Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by brandonjATCorkSport View Post
    Here is a link to our urethane exhaust hangers. They will not tend to sag and get soft like the factory rubber ones. The are a kind of difficult to get on but a little grease will make it easier to slip on. If you are only tapping on throttle these will likely solve your issue. If you are consistent tap your hangers may not be in the correct locations, causing the exhaust to be a little catty-wampas.

Mazda Exhaust Parts | Urethane Exhaust Hangers

Cheers,
    Brandon
    Thanks Brandon.
    They aren't tapping on throttle, more so on bumps in the road, etc.
    I've got MRT quoting me on them, as well as a couple of extra parts, so I'll see if the hangers fix my problem.
    Black Mica Gen2
    * Opti-Coat Paint Protection * Corksport SRI + TIP * SURE REM (Street Spec) * Resonator Delete * Shark-Fin Antenna *
    * Custom Vinyls by Muzza * LED Interior Upgrade *