User Tag List

Thread: MPS6 HID's

1. Default MPS6 HID's

Hi All,

First thread on the forum so go easy on me! I recently bought a black / purple MPS6 after driving a Nissan S15 for the past 4 years. Now I bought the car with a busted HID bulb after being told by the previous owner that he has ordered one and will give me a call when it comes in. A month has gone past and he hasn't returned my calls / messages so figured I should just buy a bulb. Now my first question is, is the attached photo the factory Mazda HID kit? He took it out before he sold the car to me. Also can anybody recommend a brand of D2S HID bulb and will all D2S bulbs be direct fit? Thanks in advance!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-06-01 17.32.50.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	16302
    Last edited by big saj; 02-06-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Hi, can't say for sure but that looks just like the cheap Chinese ebay setup I bought for my 07 CX7. In which case just go to ebay and order a replacement bulb (or two) from China.

Cheap chinese kit for sure - you could probably get replacement globes for < $20 shipped. Just make sure you get the right wattage (probably 35W), colour temperature (I'm digging 5000K globes as I find 6000K Chinese globes to be too blue/illegal).

Try the retrofitsource. I've changed my bulbs to 6000k morimoto. Very good quality and not overly expensive.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

5. Default

Thanks guys. I just had a look under the bonnet and looks like the car has DDM 55W HID's fitted. Not sure why he gave this blown bulb and ballast to me in a box though. Are there any issues running 55W HID's over the regular 35W HID's? Will look at getting 2 replacement bulbs as I've got no idea what kelvin the current bulbs are.

Quote Originally Posted by big saj View Post
    Thanks guys. I just had a look under the bonnet and looks like the car has DDM 55W HID's fitted. Not sure why he gave this blown bulb and ballast to me in a box though. Are there any issues running 55W HID's over the regular 35W HID's? Will look at getting 2 replacement bulbs as I've got no idea what kelvin the current bulbs are.
    Personally I think 35w is best
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Google around, I thought 55W would give better/stronger light output but apparently the projector light throw isn't good for city driving. Might be better for country roads but overall 55W isn't necessary. So I'll stick with 35W now.