User Tag List

Thread: Strut Brace - Will it fit?

Default Strut Brace - Will it fit?

Hey Y'all!
    Time has come to spend a little more $$ on the car. Part of the list is a Strut Brace (likely to be whiteline). Question is, will I have any issues bolting one up with my current set-up (considering the positioning of my intercooler piping). Is there a particular spec I should look at to ensure it clears the piping. Also looking at rear sway bar and bonnet struts.

Sorry if the question seems silly, but better to ask then buy one and find there's an issue afterwards.

Cheers!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1J4C6762.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	16291
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

if i remember correctly the whiteline hugs the firewall should miss you piping, i would guess yes

Thanks Luke

Bob, you should just buy mine champ AutoEXE and everything is already off the car and yes, it will fit strut brace and all...

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Bob, you should just buy mine champ AutoEXE and everything is already off the car and yes, it will fit strut brace and all...
    send me a PM with ya braces and prices mate
    i would be more than glad to try and nab some of those autoexe braces

6. Default

Did you look at corksport one

whiteline strut brace are poo. without a reverse thread on one of the ends like japanese braces, you cannot load them 100%.

their sway bars they are all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy91 View Post
    Did you look at corksport one
    Yeah I have mate, just didn't want to pay the extortionate postage to have CS shipped from overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    whiteline strut brace are poo. without a reverse thread on one of the ends like japanese braces, you cannot load them 100%.

their sway bars they are all good.
    Guessing no such issues with Autoexe strut braces...I'm buying a selbys RSB which is essentially a rebranded whiteline (or so I'm lead to believe). @3MPSPWR you bring the merch i'll bring a wad of fiddies next week, let's do this!
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

So.... Bob bit of a bad news champ... Unfortunately @AzzA SP20 were also snagging em and although i gave you guys notice at the same time he kinda jumped the gun quicker and bought the whole set champ lol... Would have been happy to sell to either one of you guys but as say first in first serve tho... Anyways, no hard feelings champ, but i think your car woulda benefited with these bars as well, i woulda been happy for these bars to be on either one of the projects to continue being put to good use!!!

Anyways, i promise i will still let you ride shot gun outta all the OzMPS bris crew in the new beast!
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    So.... Bob bit of a bad news champ... Unfortunately @AzzA SP20 were also snagging em and although i gave you guys notice at the same time he kinda jumped the gun quicker and bought the whole set champ lol... Would have been happy to sell to either one of you guys but as say first in first serve tho... Anyways, no hard feelings champ, but i think your car woulda benefited with these bars as well, i woulda been happy for these bars to be on either one of the projects to continue being put to good use!!!

Anyways, i promise i will still let you ride shot gun outta all the OzMPS bris crew in the new beast!
    wow, guess my word wasn't enough. Oh well.

12. Default

Yeh sorry bobby, been hanging out for 6months waiting for these to be removed. When I finally got the word I was straight in with payment

Besides... They are red... My car is red... Your car is blue.
    Your ocd would have kicked in and painted these things in celestial blue hey lol.

Gt spec are good bracing btw, offer some good pieces (and they are blue)

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA SP20 View Post
    Yeh sorry bobby, been hanging out for 6months waiting for these to be removed. When I finally got the word I was straight in with payment

Besides... They are red... My car is red... Your car is blue.
    Your ocd would have kicked in and painted these things in celestial blue hey lol.

Gt spec are good bracing btw, offer some good pieces (and they are blue)
    whatever man, as far as I'm concerned you're as bad as each other. Enjoy!

14. Default

I had them offered to me to buy, I paid...

How am I meant to know what's going on between you and Ed?

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialSpool View Post
    whatever man, as far as I'm concerned you're as bad as each other. Enjoy!

I had them offered to me to buy, I paid...

How am I meant to know what's going on between you and Ed?
    read up...they were offered to me and u invited yourself into the conversation. This conversation is redundant. Deal's done, good luck to you!

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialSpool View Post
    read up...they were offered to me and u invited yourself into the conversation. This conversation is redundant. Deal's done, good luck to you!
    6 months ago when I bough a catch can from Ed it was arranged that I was going to buy the set of braces when they were removed and car being sold.
    That post was merely a reminder.

Obviously you were interested... So what? Lots of people are interested in alot of things they don't buy.
    I don't know what the deal was wether you were deciding, waiting etc. So I paid.

What if you ended up with them and after a looooong wait I was forgotten about?? Probably different story then

6 months ago when I bough a catch can from Ed it was arranged that I was going to buy the set of braces when they were removed and car being sold.
    That post was merely a reminder.

Obviously you were interested... So what? Lots of people are interested in alot of things they don't buy.
    I don't know what the deal was wether you were deciding, waiting etc. So I paid.

What if you ended up with them and after a looooong wait I was forgotten about?? Probably different story then
    move on, I have.

Sorry guys, i honestly didn't want to cause conflict so please please please don't fight and ruin friendships like this. I honestly offered them to both you guys exactly at the same time serious and I was literally just wanting them gone whilst the chance is there that's all. Like whether i would have put them up later on during the following weeks same situation could have happened..Wasn't like i chose one over the other. And having dealt with both you guys on a personal level i really wished i had two set of parts that i can ship but i only had one. So i am sorry it had to turn out like this but i really tried to be civil and reasonable. Like i said, you guys are definitely the people that i am happy the parts are going to. I appologize it had to come to be like this.
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can