User Tag List

Thread: New AP Owner-- Map Revison Question

Default New AP Owner-- Map Revison Question

Hi Everyone

This is probably a really simple thing to answer, but i just wanted to check with people on here for piece of mind!

Just got my Accesport, car is stock as a rock so im running the Stage 1 98 map. Question is the AP came loaded with revision 2.33, however for the same map on the cobb website is revision 2.31.

Now i know theres probably absolutely no difference but was just wondering which one was the most up to date? Guessing 2.33?

Cheers in advance

Ryan

How have you found the standard map with a stock car - I'm thinking about getting one....

Not speaking from experience, but I would say that if the 2.33 map is a world market map go for it! Generally the higher the revision number the more revised that map will be. Perhaps see if you can reference the 2.33 revision on the cobb website and see if it's US domestic or world market.

Quote Originally Posted by Mspec View Post
    Not speaking from experience, but I would say that if the 2.33 map is a world market map go for it! Generally the higher the revision number the more revised that map will be. Perhaps see if you can reference the 2.33 revision on the cobb website and see if it's US domestic or world market.
    Unless of course cobb ships specific units with maps for the region they are being delivered to.
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

Any update as to how you went with this? @rtn89

I asked the same question to Cobb when I bought my AP v3. They stated that it's the exact same, just a new file name. Something to do with matching other map versions. So may as well stick with the v233 that your AP came with

Thanks guys! Yep sticking with the V233.

I cant believe the difference it has made on a stock car! Very noticeable in 2nd gear especially without those pesky limiters, so much fun! Also fitted my REM 70 duro, what vibes?? haha its awesome, no more missed 3rd gear shifts, a lot tighter and sees a bit more sharp in the handling department too!

Haven't been able to get to a computer in aaaages, so sorry for late reply!

Cheers fellas

I'm glad you're also loving it! I've had mine for a few months now I find that it makes the car easier to launch, even gentle take-offs. How they should have come from factory.

Yeah definitely! have had it a week now, plugged in all the time. Good to see my stock fuel pump is holding up allgood too, although i am getting some new internals later this month just for piece of mind and future proofing!

Love my car!

@rtn89 hey are the preloaded maps all world market maps?

Quote Originally Posted by Mspec View Post
    @rtn89 hey are the preloaded maps all world market maps?
    Yep sure are. Must be preloaded with all types of maps at the start but when it plugs into the ECU it recognises what car it is and what area and boom hey presto! All the maps i have are for MPS/Axela 95 or 98 fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by rtn89 View Post
    Yep sure are. Must be preloaded with all types of maps at the start but when it plugs into the ECU it recognises what car it is and what area and boom hey presto! All the maps i have are for MPS/Axela 95 or 98 fuel.
    Thats awesome thanks for the update
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned