User Tag List

Thread: Fuse Problem. Please Help

Default Fuse Problem. Please Help

well tonight i was installing my ceiling LED and i dont know why but i had the car running..stupid thing to do but whats done is done. anyways went to put the led in the socket when spark. the two map lights,the ceiling light,my number plate lights and boot light don't work and my radio switched off along with its lights.

so i turned off the car waited abit and turned it back on and as i did all the dials(tacho,speedo,temp,and petrol) all just jumped to the top and then back down to normal and the screen that shows how many kms u have driven all went back to 0 except for the total amount of kms the car has been driven.

turned the car off again and open the door and no beeper that goes off wen the keys are still int he ignition so i turned my lights on(all high and low parkers,blinkers,reverse,parking lights all work) and i took the key out again and no beeper went off as well.

closed the doors and tried to lock it using the remote and nothing, would not lock with the remote. i have to lock it using the actual key in the door.

i checked all the fuses and found only 1 that had blown which in the manual said it was the interior light. its one of the very small blue 15amp fuses that like right at the front of the fuse box.

what i dont understand is why would that 1 fuse cause all those other problems other than the lights.

could there be other fuses which might have gone that i don't know about.

i checked both the main fuse box int he engine bay which is where the fuse had blown and all the fuses inside the car underneath the glovebox.

and do the MPS's come with spare fuses anywhere??
    CURRENT: 2009 VW Passat R36

PREVIOUS: 2008 Mazda 3 MPS

Hey Stealth, depending on how & what else was wired to that fuse line?

eg. similar to when your power trips in your house, it only trips power points on that circuit - eg bedrooms... kitchen might still work, and lights never trip (lights/fans always separate, and never usually on earth leakage..)
    Last edited by CharlieBrown; 13-06-2009 at 10:28 PM.

all fixed.changed the fuse and everything went back to normal..i just dont see how the remote to lock the car has anything to do with the fuse that blew been the interior lights lol..one thing now that i can kinda tell thats different is the sound from the front left speaker like a rattling sound now.never did it before. could it be because of the fuse?

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    one thing now that i can kinda tell thats different is the sound from the front left speaker like a rattling sound now.never did it before. could it be because of the fuse?
    Sounds like the speaker was overloaded in the same event that popped the fuse. Most probably a busted speaker where the cone has partially seperated from the coil, means new speaker time for you. Use this as an opportunity to put a nice set in

Edit: Or the coil has busted and the magnet in the coil is rattling...either way, new speaker time.
    Last edited by TD; 12-06-2009 at 08:27 PM.

lol i think i'll be sticking to stock sound system atm..had enough with the doof doof and im only 23. hmm would this go under warranty?

You could try and see how you go. Considering you were installing an LED interior light when it happened you would have to remove it before taking it in.

Could pick up a nice set of 6-6.5 inch splits for $100ish and be done with it...

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    lol i think i'll be sticking to stock sound system atm..had enough with the doof doof and im only 23. hmm would this go under warranty?
    Play dumb and see how you go
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

haha. Yea i think i will play dumb. Ill just put bak the original lights bak in first but. Now just for the time to take it in