User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Valve stem seals issue

Yes, that is my next step. At the moment trying to sort out an unusual intermittent problem on the track. HPFP actual pressure drops off below 400 & the engine is in vacuum at 100% throttle. I first thought it was fuel surge causing the HPFP drops but can't explain the vacuum at WOT.

Quote Originally Posted by mav2777 View Post
    Yes, that is my next step. At the moment trying to sort out an unusual intermittent problem on the track. HPFP actual pressure drops off below 400 & the engine is in vacuum at 100% throttle. I first thought it was fuel surge causing the HPFP drops but can't explain the vacuum at WOT.
    Relative throttle is the one to watch. What unit are you watching the MAP in?
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

Actual throttle position in percentage. The MAP is in PSI. What could be causing the HPFP to drop off & vacuum at the same time. The car looses all power when this happens but it comes on strong after a few seconds. It has intermittently happened while on the track but cannot replicate problem on the road. Any advice would be appreciated.

Throttle close boost cut/fuel cut

- - - Updated - - -

Without hi jacking this thread maybe start a new topi with a log file

Default Valve stem seals issue

bd581
    You are a legend! Fixed the problem, no smoke at all now, feels like there's an additional 15-20KW as well. Installing an oil catch can now for engine blowbye as well to avoid this happening again. Thanks for your help guys!
    Last edited by GQ Smooth; 03-06-2014 at 07:47 PM.

Good stuff!

Check out out my build thread if your keen for some DIY occ installation.

Quick update, the car began to smoke again, after a lot of swearing, cat kicking and sitting in the car feeling sorry for myself, the turbo was rebuilt and upgraded. Been running for a week with no issues now. Will retune next month when bank balance is restocked, maybe crack 180 AWKW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear, but glad its healthy again.
    I found it strange when you said the turbo was checked and "as good as new"
    For a MPS and a MPS of yours age and KM it would mean that the turbo was actually new or the inspector was clueless.
    It's just too common of a fault.

Thanks for the updates, too many have problems we try and help with that you never hear the outcome.

No problem, thank you for the help. Just waiting in the timing chain the start knocking to complete the set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12