User Tag List

Thread: Gear knob OEM-look alternatives

Default Gear knob OEM-look alternatives

So this is about the closest to an "interiors" section that I could find, hope it's not in the wrong spot!

In my search for a standard OEM gear knob to replace a frankly ugly one, my quote from Mazda was $480 +GST... so now I'm open to knobs that look similar to OEM (have the gears/reverse, ideally) that don't cost such a ludicrous amount.

Anyone sourced any from somewhere other than dealer parts?

Quote Originally Posted by slinz View Post
    So this is about the closest to an "interiors" section that I could find, hope it's not in the wrong spot!

In my search for a standard OEM gear knob to replace a frankly ugly one, my quote from Mazda was $480 +GST... so now I'm open to knobs that look similar to OEM (have the gears/reverse, ideally) that don't cost such a ludicrous amount.

Anyone sourced any from somewhere other than dealer parts?
    Genuine Mazda 3 2008 2011 Gear Knob Black Leather With Silver Ornament | eBay

I brought this one in September last year, the H lights up red to match interior lights which is a bonus, very good quality I must say

Mazda 3 Shift Gear Knob 100 Leather Gaiter Illuminated LED Best Quality | eBay

105 bux shitt

Thanks for the responses guys!

Those first eBay ones are unfortunately 5-speed not 6-speed so not much good (I'm trying to prepare the car for sale, don't want some new driver grabbing 6th instead of reverse all the time).

Might give those wreckers a try since I'm still struggling to find anything brand new that's close, and the $500 dealer part is a bit extravagant.

let us know the prices

Quote Originally Posted by slinz View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys!

Those first eBay ones are unfortunately 5-speed not 6-speed so not much good (I'm trying to prepare the car for sale, don't want some new driver grabbing 6th instead of reverse all the time).

Might give those wreckers a try since I'm still struggling to find anything brand new that's close, and the $500 dealer part is a bit extravagant.
    Correction, the second link I provided, you can choose the 6 speed H patten and style etc, look at the auction a bit more, german made stuff is great apart from BMW's

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    Correction, the second link I provided, you can choose the 6 speed H patten and style etc, look at the auction a bit more, german made stuff is great apart from BMW's
    I made the same mistake lol. They actually look rather good I reckon and they come with the leather gear boot as well is a win

I was very impressed with the quality and fit, anyone who wasn't familiar with a stock gear knob would think it was factory, its that good.

Dam, now I'm looking at getting that led gear knob. Is the dear knob and boot once piece or separate?

One peice I think, can't remember though.

Sent from my HTC One X

From the wrecker is $50 which is very reasonable unless it's absolutely shagged.

And my mistake regarding the eBay item! You're right. That is a pretty decent deal. Now there are a couple of alternatives to getting rimmed by the dealer. Thanks guys!