User Tag List

Thread: Mps 6 downpipe Interchangeable with 3mps downpipe

Default Mps 6 downpipe Interchangeable with 3mps downpipe

Hey guys just wondering if you guys could lend me a quick hand.

had a look through forums but couldnt find the direct answer.

Would a Mps 6 downpipe be Interchangeable with 3mps downpipe.

Logically i would think yes but i want to be 100% sure before i purchase one

Thanks in advanced mps2nv

Sorry but no, they are different

Just fyi thers a guy on ebay selling both 3 and 6 DP same seller.. price is 300 ish

can you link me up buddy

I wouldn't buy an eBay DP, eBay DP and manni etc have had some dodgy welding going on

As above dump pipe and manifolds aren't exactly jobs that you want to be doing more than once if you can avoid it lol.

Steer clear of cheap items, they will cost you far more in the long run. You will end up with repairs, added cost and more down time. Or you will end up buying something decent quality after that lol.

Do it right the first time IMO.

Troy @2XS all day long for dump

I'm running the cp-e dp for the nps6, costly but i would recommend it. Top shelf work, even the guy who did the ceramic coating on it afterwards couldn't stop talking about it :P

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

Link plz

So those ebay DPs... they're all fun and stuff until you get to the part of them not having a Cat... so they're illegal. Also do it once, do it right... spend the dosh on Corksport, CPe or better yet ask 2xs to make you one up. They will come with a cat, they will work and give you the best performance for your money. You cannot do cheap car mods.... modding a car and spending lots of money go hand in hand... it's about what value you get for your money. If you cheap on your mods, you wont get the performance or reliability...

CPE Downpipe MS6 Mazdaspeed 6

What @spoon said

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

for EG -

get that ebay DP
    then have the cat installed further down in the system?

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet View Post
    for EG -

get that ebay DP
    then have the cat installed further down in the system?
    Yes you can do that... Thats how almost all aftermarket dump pipes do it.

But be warned buy an eBay DP
    Then pull it out later when the welds shit them selves.

14. Default

That is a pretty inexpensive DP. Off the bat i looks like it is painted. I read through the description and it doesn't mention type of metal used or if it coated. It leads me to believe that it may rust and look aged. Regardless of the brand you chose to go with look for stainless and or ceramic coated and thick flanges to get the best quality piece.