User Tag List

Thread: FreekTune at EdgeAutosport!

1. Default FreekTune at EdgeAutosport!

We are proud to announce that the one and only FreekTune is now available through EdgeAutosport.com.

Many of you have heard of him and know what he has done for the community, but for those of you who don't know him or don't know what an E-Tune is, read below.

Simply put, an e-Tune is a custom ECU calibration for your specific vehicle. FreekTune, located in New Hampshire, will completely tune your vehicle based on your specific area's conditions and your car's specific modifications. Similar to how a dyno tune works, e-tuning is done electronically through email.

The Cobb Tuning Accessport, or similar device, is used to record the information of a full throttle run in one gear on a straight piece of road (preferrably 4th gear for the Mazdaspeed), similar to how a dyno pull would work. The information is downloaded to the AccessPort. After the datalog is recorded, you then transfer the file from the AccessPort to your computer where you email it to FreekTune. At this point, FreekTune analyzes the datalog information and makes custom changes according to how the car is acting and reacting when driving. After customizing the ECU file and emailing it back to you, you then load it onto the AccessPort and load it onto the car and repeat the process. This process usually takes several days and several datalogs but depends on how quickly information is exchanged between you and FreekTune.

Having done hundreds of individual vehicle tunes with every modification combination possible, FreekTune is an incredibly knowledgable tuning company with tons of experience behind tuning the Mazdaspeed 3's and 6's. It doesn't matter if you haven't done any modifications or if you have a massive turbo and auxiliary fueling, FreekTune is able to custom calibrate your ECU to make your car work the way it needs to in order to make power reliably and consistently.

Upon ordering an e-Tune, you will receive a confirmation email with specific information about what is needed in order to get your tuning started. If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call.

We personally use FreekTune to calibrate our big Turbo Focus ST and have had/still having a great experience with that.

Click Below to Purchase!

FreekTune - $200

Freek ftw
    Did an awesome job on my car!
    Been able to beat on car in 40+ deg heat and near freezing temps without any issues
    (Other than traction...)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

is this an introductory price or ongoing?

Based on his own website, it's ongoing unless something happens

He has also built a few of these engines including his own, he needs to be cloned so he has time to tune and do customer engine builds.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    He has also built a few of these engines including his own, he needs to be cloned so he has time to tune and do customer engine builds.
    We currently have him locked in our bathroom with a laptop. I'll go grab a DNA sample and see about the cloning possibilities... lol!

@Rayd

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet View Post
    is not Freektuned :P

Ya i know that

Dont think there is anyone that turns revisions around faster than Ray..... Mine+Ray PB was 14

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Dont think there is anyone that turns revisions around faster than Ray..... Mine+Ray PB was 14
    So...? This thread is about getting tuned by freek... Living in the same time zone is always an advantage when it comes to response...

I've had freek respond almost instantly to emails (our morning = his evening) and had him chatting on gtalk at times... All depends what you expect...

Yeah it might take a day or 2 to get a revision, but I was never left with a map that was unsafe and meant I couldn't drive my car
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    So...? This thread is about getting tuned by freek... Living in the same time zone is always an advantage when it comes to response...

I've had freek respond almost instantly to emails (our morning = his evening) and had him chatting on gtalk at times... All depends what you expect...

Yeah it might take a day or 2 to get a revision, but I was never left with a map that was unsafe and meant I couldn't drive my car
    Was not said with offence to anyone Sam, prob not the thread to post it :P.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Awesome news guys, great partnership with arguably the best tuner for the platform there is.

15. Default

We are definitely excited to help out Justin. We are also having him tune our shop Focus ST.

16. Default

I'm sure most of you know by now, but Justin is now working freetune full time. No more day job to get in the way!