User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 225/45/18 95w bridgestone potenza adrenalin re002

1. Default 225/45/18 95w bridgestone potenza adrenalin re002

So 4 days ago I replaced 215/45/18 Khumo Exta tyres with 225/45/18 95W BRIDGESTONE POTENZA ADRENALIN RE002.
    Long story short,,,not really happy with the ride. For some reason very very harsh now.They are on 38 psi down from 40psi as per the fitters but still no good. Can not belive this...fuming... Handling is great but. My mps6 is on kings and B6's combo.
    So I m thinking if anyone wants to trade maybe better wheels with acceptable tyres for my stock wheels with 4 days old Re002 let me know...
    Also, any advice is welcome..
    Cheers...
    Josh
    Last edited by jozimozi; 06-05-2014 at 10:18 PM.

38psi is quite high. I run 33psi on my Michelin PSS. the construction of the sidewall will also play a part on how stiff the tyre will be

I played around with pressures, anything higher than 35 the car definately felt very twitchy. Loved the steering response but the grip just wasnt there.

Check the recommended psi on your tyre placard as a starting point then go from there.

+1 to lowering pressure to 32-33psi
    That's what the plaque on the car suggests

4. Default

Ok.The guy at the shop had it at 40 and on the vehicle it says 38..So far on Khumo i was running 38 with no problems..Where excatly is this number...?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

5. Default

how is the fuel consumption on 32psi??

usually inside the drivers door jam. its a silver metallic sticker.

dont think MPG will change that much. you do have performance tyres which I assume you got for a reason other than fuel efficiency...

7. Default

the plaque shows 38psi as recommended...

8. Default

Anyone else running 32psi on their Mps6??

must be due to the weight of the 6 compared to the 3. would need some advice from the 6 drivers to weigh in

Different tyres require different tyre pressures, don't assume the plague on the door frame is best for each tyre, the re002 has a very stiff sidewall which will contribute a lot to the ride quality. Running a low tyre pressure on some tyres causes the outsides of the tread to wear more and cracking in the sidewall, just an fyi.

Sent from my HTC One X

11. Default

yeah I agree very stiff tyre,,, that s why I m looking to get rid of them asap...

12. Default

again,, new re002 on mps6 stock wheels up for swap, trade or whatever...
    just want my khumo s back..
    dang......
    Last edited by jozimozi; 06-05-2014 at 10:31 PM.

I was told to run 38psi by tyre shop too

I run 36 on the front and 35 on the back for my 6MPS. Or if I forget I might use 35/34. I found 38 to be just a bit high... let alone 40.

i had 40 on my pirelli Nero and was good

Hi Guys,

I run 33 PSI on the front and 38-40 on the backs on my Gen 2 . BC coilovers. Michellin Pilot super sports as well. Sounds as if tyre may have different characteristics. I noticed a massive drop in road noise from the OEM dunlops to the Michellins. The Michellins are heaps quieter. Some tyres softer then others.

I run 38psi on all 4 (Dunlop sports maxx tt), have done since i got the car and it runs really well. Noise is minimal (transmission motor mount overrides all true noise).

Honestly on a 6, 32 sounds way too low, probably wont get good mileage (i manage 9.2 average), and you could wear your tyres faster....

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

18. Default

Do these re002 go softer with time?lol...

19. Default

Hey 9.6 is excellent...i had mine for 4 years using 11.9...

No idea if they get softer, but if the tyre has a concave arc with the road, the sides will ware faster as there is less surface area to dissipate friction and heat, etc

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast