User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revised driver's side engine mount for Gen1 MPS?

Quote Originally Posted by DD3 View Post
    Hey @OzCJ
    How is the car going with the new mounts & TMM insert?
    Hey mate,
    Love the combo. But you hear the transmission very well on lower gears.
    I thought it was the oil, so dumped fresh syntrans oil out and put vmx back in. Sound is still there.
    Just means music is turned up.

Other than that......it's definitely better.

One tip, if you are changing the two, make sure you replace the top oil filled mount at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by OzCJ View Post
    Hey mate,
    Love the combo. But you hear the transmission very well on lower gears.
    I thought it was the oil, so dumped fresh syntrans oil out and put vmx back in. Sound is still there.
    Just means music is turned up.

Other than that......it's definitely better.

One tip, if you are changing the two, make sure you replace the top oil filled mount at the same time.
    I've got a brand new OEM top oil filled mount, new OEM TMM and new CPE stage 2 RMM going in next weekend. I'll be able to tell for sure then if there's any changes to the design of the OEM mounts for a Gen 1.

How did the VMX80 compare to the Syntrans?
    - 2006 BK MPS 3 -

I've got a brand new OEM top oil filled mount, new OEM TMM and new CPE stage 2 RMM going in next weekend. I'll be able to tell for sure then if there's any changes to the design of the OEM mounts for a Gen 1.

How did the VMX80 compare to the Syntrans?
    They are both fine. My only issue is that I had the CS tranny mount insert which gave me a whirring sound into the cabin at low speeds. That was annoying.

Performance wise, definitely recommend the syntrans 75W85.....the difference is chalk and cheese.

I'd been meaning to follow up on this weeks ago but got distracted with my e-tune.
    The brand new OEM engine mounts I received (both the top oil filled one and the TMM) when compared side by side to the old ones, appeared to be identical to each other. So all I can make of this is that although gen1 & gen2 mounts are interchangeable, the current OEM parts are still different between gen 1 & 2. Bizarre.
    If anyone discovers any different please post up.

5. Default

I'd been meaning to follow up on this weeks ago but got distracted with my e-tune.
    The brand new OEM engine mounts I received (both the top oil filled one and the TMM) when compared side by side to the old ones, appeared to be identical to each other. So all I can make of this is that although gen1 & gen2 mounts are interchangeable, the current OEM parts are still different between gen 1 & 2. Bizarre.
    If anyone discovers any different please post up.
    Pulled oem gen1 drivers side mount out and replaced with gen2 mount before. Identical... except gen1 mount had an additional metal block bolted to it. The gen2 mount had the holes and threads tapped but the metal vibration dampener isnt attached.

As for passengers side tranny... mount design is different between gen1 and gen2.. however... gen2 mount can be fitted to a gen1. So long as the metal post that attaches to the gearbox is also changed to suit the updated mount.
    I have fitted gen2 post and mount to a gen1 before also.
    So can confirm this.
    As for rear engine mounts... same dimensions between gen1 and 2 (interchangeable) but there is one less structural plate on the early gen1 rear mounts and the bushing in the mount is a different design.

I have box full of mounts... i will take some pics for thia thread if you want. Dont have gen1 side tranny mount and post to take pics of... hopefully next job i do i will take some.

On a side note... tranny fluid was due, had redline mt85. Forgot to order some more for this service so used the casteol syntrax. Used the syntrax for 4 weeks now and i really wanna dump it back out again and put mt85 back in

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA SP20 View Post
    Pulled oem gen1 drivers side mount out and replaced with gen2 mount before. Identical... except gen1 mount had an additional metal block bolted to it. The gen2 mount had the holes and threads tapped but the metal vibration dampener isnt attached.

As for passengers side tranny... mount design is different between gen1 and gen2.. however... gen2 mount can be fitted to a gen1. So long as the metal post that attaches to the gearbox is also changed to suit the updated mount.
    I have fitted gen2 post and mount to a gen1 before also.
    So can confirm this.
    As for rear engine mounts... same dimensions between gen1 and 2 (interchangeable) but there is one less structural plate on the early gen1 rear mounts and the bushing in the mount is a different design.

I have box full of mounts... i will take some pics for thia thread if you want. Dont have gen1 side tranny mount and post to take pics of... hopefully next job i do i will take some.

On a side note... tranny fluid was due, had redline mt85. Forgot to order some more for this service so used the casteol syntrax. Used the syntrax for 4 weeks now and i really wanna dump it back out again and put mt85 back in
    That's good info Azza, cheers. Yeah, would be good to have some photos in the thread for future reference if you get a chance.
    - 2006 BK MPS 3 -

Thanks mate. Now to decide which after market mounts to get, may as well do the lot. I don't mind a bit of increased vibration (I already have a CPE 75a RMM), but I don't want to end up with useless rear view mirrors from all the vibes! I'm currently doing some reading through previous engine mount threads, but if anyone has some opinion / feedback on particular mounts feel free to post it up.

Sent from my LG-P716 using Tapatalk
    I went in @allo80 car which had JBR 80 trilogy and the noise and vibes were intense. Wow my hair was standing on end!
    Last I heard he removed the passenger mount (driver's side for us) and it reduced significantly

I have installed a CS transmission engine insert in my mount which made no difference to noise/vibes

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12