User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revised driver's side engine mount for Gen1 MPS?

Default Revised driver's side engine mount for Gen1 MPS?

Yesterday I noticed a split starting to form in the rubber on my driver's side engine mount, so I'm keen to replace it before it bursts and makes an almighty mess of my engine bay. Now somewhere along the line I heard that Mazda may have revised this mount and gone away from the oil filled design. Can anybody verify this? If a new OEM mount is no longer oil filled I'd give it a go, otherwise I think I might go aftermarket.

Cheers,
    Dan.

Havent heard of a revised version.

Anyone know if the Gen 2 is still fluid filled?

Gen1and gen2 both side engine mounts are identical

Rear are identical mounting points etc, but with slightly different designed bushing.

All mounts between gen1 and 2 are interchangeable.

No revision for the drivers side mount and all drivers side mounts are oil filled
    Last edited by AzzA SP20; 01-05-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks mate. Now to decide which after market mounts to get, may as well do the lot. I don't mind a bit of increased vibration (I already have a CPE 75a RMM), but I don't want to end up with useless rear view mirrors from all the vibes! I'm currently doing some reading through previous engine mount threads, but if anyone has some opinion / feedback on particular mounts feel free to post it up.

Sent from my LG-P716 using Tapatalk

JBR do both side mounts our transmission mounts are USA driver side in different duros, Corksport do our driver side and apparently excellent but they only do tranny mount inserts which from all reports are great as well

Is anyone here running CPE 60A duro side mounts? Interested to see how they go vibration wise. Otherwise I'm considering the JBR Trilogy in 70A duro.

Quote Originally Posted by DD3 View Post
    Is anyone here running CPE 60A duro side mounts? Interested to see how they go vibration wise. Otherwise I'm considering the JBR Trilogy in 70A duro.

vibes aren't the worst part of the trilogy.... its the noise!
    the passengers side transmission mount generates a shit load of noise in the cabin.

if you drive your car spirited but daily, then go for the cpe side mounts.
    installed the cpe trilogy in Justin's car, certainly at a more bearable level than my JBR trilogy.
    however... they are also not as stiff and not quite as good for hard driving.

pending on how you drive your car... the side transmission is overkill for a daily IMO.
    RMM and drivers side engine with the Corksport passengers side transmission insert is certainly the way to go.

you already have RMM, so pick suitable driver side mount, and get yourself the CS insert for side tranny mount

I'd strongly suggest going for a ride in a car with all the mounts before pulling the trigger... I think the reason it's so much worse for us than the yanks is that we're on the same side as the engine mount...

Where are you based?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    I'd strongly suggest going for a ride in a car with all the mounts before pulling the trigger... I think the reason it's so much worse for us than the yanks is that we're on the same side as the engine mount...

Where are you based?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    think its more to do with we use our cars differently here.

side transmission generated the most excessive noise out of the lot... and that's on our passengers side.
    side engine mount is on our drivers side and that doesn't generate that much noise.

But yeah, certainly go for a ride in various mounted cars if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA SP20 View Post
    vibes aren't the worst part of the trilogy.... its the noise!
    the passengers side transmission mount generates a shit load of noise in the cabin.

if you drive your car spirited but daily, then go for the cpe side mounts.
    installed the cpe trilogy in Justin's car, certainly at a more bearable level than my JBR trilogy.
    however... they are also not as stiff and not quite as good for hard driving.

pending on how you drive your car... the side transmission is overkill for a daily IMO.
    RMM and drivers side engine with the Corksport passengers side transmission insert is certainly the way to go.

you already have RMM, so pick suitable driver side mount, and get yourself the CS insert for side tranny mount
    Yeah I do drive the car spirited, but it's also an everyday vehicle. They don't need to be race spec, so that's a tick in the box for the CPE mounts. The car felt quite good when the RMM was first installed, but I'd noticed more engine slop of late, that's what led me to finding the split starting in the drivers side mount. So really i'm just after something that's going to reduce engine slop and be more durable than factory. I still want to remove the RMM and make sure it's holding up ok, no reason why it shouldn't be. And also need to check out the transmission mount, if it's worn then the CS inserts won't be any good.
    One thing that confuses me is why CS don't list the transmission mount insert for the Gen1?
    Were the CPE mounts you installed in Justin's car 60 duro?

Where are you based

I'm in Newcastle.

11. Default

Yeah I do drive the car spirited, but it's also an everyday vehicle. They don't need to be race spec, so that's a tick in the box for the CPE mounts. The car felt quite good when the RMM was first installed, but I'd noticed more engine slop of late, that's what led me to finding the split starting in the drivers side mount. So really i'm just after something that's going to reduce engine slop and be more durable than factory. I still want to remove the RMM and make sure it's holding up ok, no reason why it shouldn't be. And also need to check out the transmission mount, if it's worn then the CS inserts won't be any good.
    One thing that confuses me is why CS don't list the transmission mount insert for the Gen1?
    Were the CPE mounts you installed in Justin's car 60 duro?

yeah added slop cerrently would certanly be from thise mounts dieing.
    definateley remove and check the RMM in there although even a worn out RMM will still look to be good, but just have excessive play in the bushing.

No idea why they dont list for a Gen1? all i know is... the gen2 mount fits gen1 havent had both side by side at the exact same time... but from what i have seen look identical.
    ... so sureley they are the same?

CPE trilogy i fitted into Junstin's were 70's
    cant say i would recomment the 60's, seems the cpe softer rubber loves to twist and tear its self, so 70 would be my choice.
    CPE also cost a crap load more than the JBR mounts too btw.

one last thing... CS just released the complete side tranny mount, maybe wait a coupkle of months and check out the reviews?

12. Default

Pulled gen1 passengers side mount out today.
    The mount is certainly different.
    Same mounting points, dimensions etc. But the mount it's self is slightly different to the gen2.

Had a look at the insert, and the gen1 insert is also different to the gen2 insert... So the corksport one won't fit unfortunately

Thanks for the update mate. If the mounting points are the same then I'm suspecting that if you were to purchase a replacement OEM mount for a gen 1 you'd actually get the gen 2 type. I'll try and give Mazda parts a call this week and see what I can sus out. I might end up needing a late model gen 2 VIN to see if the part numbers are the same. See how I go.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Just clicked 100,000 kms on the car (Gen 2 MPS 3) and dropped it in for service today. I got the guys to install the CS tranny mount and inspect the other two (bottom engine and top engine mount, the top engine mount is oil filled).
    I suggested that if the bottom engine mount was similar to new, then only do the inserts; however, if not comparable to new then replace it with the CS race mount.

Just got a call from the service guys - the bottom engine mount has developed a small crack so they replaced it with the CS race mount. Also the top engine mount (oil filled) has developed a small crack but not leaking. Ive asked them to replace it with a genuine Mazda oil filled mount.

Going aftermarket with all mounts just worries me about the amount of vibes and noise. I know its been discussed here, but personally I don't think the oil filled mount (top engine mount) needs to be aftermarket.

All items done incl. above mentioned:
    - New engine oil (Mazda Premium)
    - New transmission oil (Castrol Syntrans 75-85)
    - New spark plugs (Supplied NGK plugs)
    - Full decarb (throttle body, EGR, fuel injectors)
    - Machine engine flush
    - Transmission mount inserts (CS inserts)
    - Bottom engine mount (CS Race mount)
    - Top engine mount (Mazda genuine)

I cant wait to drive the car. Unfortunately can only pickup on Thursday this week

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OzCJ View Post
    Just clicked 100,000 kms on the car (Gen 2 MPS 3) and dropped it in for service today. I got the guys to install the CS tranny mount and inspect the other two (bottom engine and top engine mount, the top engine mount is oil filled).
    I suggested that if the bottom engine mount was similar to new, then only do the inserts; however, if not comparable to new then replace it with the CS race mount.

Just got a call from the service guys - the bottom engine mount has developed a small crack so they replaced it with the CS race mount. Also the top engine mount (oil filled) has developed a small crack but not leaking. Ive asked them to replace it with a genuine Mazda oil filled mount.

Going aftermarket with all mounts just worries me about the amount of vibes and noise. I know its been discussed here, but personally I don't think the oil filled mount (top engine mount) needs to be aftermarket.

All items done incl. above mentioned:
    - New engine oil (Mazda Premium)
    - New transmission oil (Castrol Syntrans 75-85)
    - New spark plugs (Supplied NGK plugs)
    - Full decarb (throttle body, EGR, fuel injectors)
    - Machine engine flush
    - Transmission mount inserts (CS inserts)
    - Bottom engine mount (CS Race mount)
    - Top engine mount (Mazda genuine)

I cant wait to drive the car. Unfortunately can only pickup on Thursday this week
    They supplied the CS engine mount?, where was it done at.
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    They supplied the CS engine mount?, where was it done at.
    Sorry, I supplied the CS mounts and insert. They are supplying the Mazda mount.
    Work done at Sutherland Mazda, NSW, great team.

Quote Originally Posted by OzCJ View Post
    Sorry, I supplied the CS mounts and insert. They are supplying the Mazda mount.
    Work done at Sutherland Mazda, NSW, great team.
    What are they charging you for the Mazda mount?

- 2006 BK MPS 3 -

What are they charging you for the Mazda mount?

Good question, waiting on formal quote. Approx. around $200 incl install. Ill be able to confirm when the part arrives.

OK so Ive got brand new unused CS bottom engine mount inserts for SALE. Anyone interested?

Hey @OzCJ
    How is the car going with the new mounts & TMM insert?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast