User Tag List

Thread: Not a great way to start the week :(

Default Not a great way to start the week :(

Well I'm a apprentice mechanic and on monday i got 2 stitches in my thigh and then yesterday someone rear ended me
    http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...430_075203.jpg

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/...430_075215.jpg

Luckily none of us were injured her cars a write off and mine looks to be a repairable write off but its still sad.

geez, what was the amount your car was insured for that to be a write off? Must've been a heavy impact if theres extensive damage under the panels...

Glad no one was hurt

Darn it being rear-ended. At least nothing happened to anyone in their cars. Sad though as another MPS ends up in the car hospital. =(

Wow that must have been some serious wack to put your car into a repairable write off territory. Looks pretty straight from the photo but is there damage underneath it all? What was the car that hit you?

well cars insured for $14000, impact was roughly 50 km an hour , need a new rear bumper, beaver panel, new tail light, boot, all the things for bumper(reflectors, plastic, exhaust tips) new bumper brackets, broke one of my air vents from when i slammed into it and the spare wheel well doesn't look to flash think that answers everyone's questions

Ouch, yeah thought it might be worse than it looked. Still fixable though

Bummer dude, hope you are ok and got checked out, injuries from this stuff can come along days after it's happened.

are you going to look for another 6 or repair the bingled one?

What did your thigh hit to get 2 stitches? Unless these is over $14000 they will probably fix it.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Bummer dude, hope you are ok and got checked out, injuries from this stuff can come along days after it's happened.
    no didnt get checked out im fine though gonna ring up the lady that hit me today and make sure she's fine

Quote Originally Posted by spooon View Post
    are you going to look for another 6 or repair the bingled one?
    this is getting fixed

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    What did your thigh hit to get 2 stitches? Unless these is over $14000 they will probably fix it.
    well i was moving a pallet at work and a a pallet below it brushed up on my thigh and broke off about a toothpick off the wood straight into my thigh

Good to hear! Good luck with the repairs

Might be a bit of a wait though, it took me about 2 months to get a new rear bumper and tail light after I reversed into a tree.

Yeh thanks, only thing I'm not hoping for us the chassis is bent

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DVDs View Post
    Well I'm a apprentice mechanic and on monday i got 2 stitches in my thigh and then yesterday someone rear ended me

Luckily none of us were injured her cars a write off and mine looks to be a repairable write off but its still sad.
    Your 6 doesn't have aftermarket dayime driving lights fitted does it?

Nope

Hey dude if you can get the little cover on the rear bumper for the tow hook I've lost mine / it was stolen.
    I'd really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by cletusb View Post
    Hey dude if you can get the little cover on the rear bumper for the tow hook I've lost mine / it was stolen.
    I'd really appreciate it
    ill save it but i'll take it you cant goto mazda and order just that little piece right?( i work at Mitsubishi and you can order it...broken a few :/ )

Quote Originally Posted by DVDs View Post
    ill save it but i'll take it you cant goto mazda and order just that little piece right?( i work at Mitsubishi and you can order it)
    Awesome thanks, send me a pm and I'll swing you some $ for postage

Can't say I tried but pretty sure that they don't. I'm sure it would be 50 bucks if they did lol

Best of luck with the repairs mate. I'm glad everyone is OK!

Update on the car... looks like im getting a new exhaust as well only waiting on 1 major part which is the beaver panel.... could either be 2 weeks or 2 months