User Tag List

Thread: Gen1 MPS 3 exhaust uprade

1. Default Gen1 MPS 3 exhaust uprade

Hey guys, I am wanting to update my exhaust system but not sure what to get. Obviously I want the sound to be legal and not super dooper loud but i want the sound to be heard - if that makes sense? Anyone got any ideas on what i should be looking at? a full exhaust change or half way?

Thanks guys.

Cat back = noise
    DP = noise + power... But you'll probably need a hpfp upgrade to go with it...
    You might find a simple test pipe ($200) + resonator delete gets you what you want
    Look up YouTube for different sounds.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What is said above and maybe resonator delete?

4. Default

Hmm dump pipe/front section seems to be the go for bang for buck. Im after similar to OP, moderate exhaust note and increased torque/power. CES racing in Brisbane do a single dump +high flow cat for $950 and twin dump $1100 this about ball park? I really need a HPFP? im planning on doing intake and front of zorst. Wasnt gonna tune even

Are you asking if you need a HPFP? Answer is you should get them if you are looking at upgrading the front half of the exhaust.

And if your not going to tune for the mods your not really going to get the increase in torque and power you want. It's cheap enough to get and S-OTS tune from stratified once the mods are done and you should get great results. Smoother power delivery as well.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    Are you asking if you need a HPFP? Answer is you should get them if you are looking at upgrading the front half of the exhaust.

And if your not going to tune for the mods your not really going to get the increase in torque and power you want. It's cheap enough to get and S-OTS tune from stratified once the mods are done and you should get great results. Smoother power delivery as well.
    appreciate it. just gonna do intake for now and do some more research on tuning. will check out stratified