User Tag List

Thread: Mazda reports highest profits in its 94-year history

Default Mazda reports highest profits in its 94-year history

Filed under: Mazda, Earnings/Financials

We may only be a third of the way through 2014, but for Japanese companies, March 31 marked the end of fiscal 2014, and it was a banner financial year for Mazda's global operations. The Japanese independent saw its highest global operating profits in its nearly 100-year history. Its global operating profits were up a huge 238 percent. Yes, a 238 percent increase over 2012 to 1.36 billion euros ($1.88 billion), eclipsing the brand's previous best year, 2008, by 12 percent. Net earnings, revenue and global sales volume also saw increases over the last fiscal year.

What's most impressive, though, is where Mazda saw improvement. The notoriously rough European market was rather kind to the Zoom-Zoom brand, where sales increased 25 percent to 163,000 units. That figure was bolstered by a 35-percent sales increase in Great Britain and a 20-percent jump in Germany, Europe's two largest markets. Japanese sales, meanwhile, were up a respectable 13 percent, to 244,000 units. In China, Mazda saw a 12 percent bump.

Notice we aren't talking about North American sales? That's because Mazda only saw a moderate, five-percent gain in the New World, with sales climbing to 391,000 units in the US, Canada and Mexico. This is particularly disappointing considering Mazda has launched three critically acclaimed products (CX-5, Mazda6 and most recently, Mazda3) for the North American market over the past two fiscal years. Still, it isn't a particular reason to be concerned, as IHS industry analyst Stephanie Brinley notes. "Five percent isn't terrible," Brinley told Autoblog, saying that Mazda should see a bump in 2014 as the Mazda3 picks up steam.

While Mazda may have hoped its five-percent gain in North America was a bit higher, it shows solid progress on company CEO Masamichi Kogai and his promise to raise US sales to 400,000 units.Continue reading Mazda reports highest profits in its 94-year history
    Mazda reports highest profits in its 94-year history originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 25 Apr 2014 18:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Sooo they have money to burn now...time to start making some Zoom Zoom cars again.

Yep, if they could do a new mps6 with a big turbo, straight 6 3-4L engine , 6/7 speed manual, AWD, 200kw atw, and have 8-9L/100km that would be perfect.

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wsDKII View Post
    Yep, if they could do a new mps6 with a big turbo, straight 6 3-4L engine , 6/7 speed manual, AWD, 200kw atw, and have 8-9L/100km that would be perfect.

Yes and with a Wagon option while we're dreaming (new 6 wagon looks hawt imo)

AWD MPS3 with 220kw skyactive 7-8ltrs/100ks would be all i would ask.. I can mod the rest rofl

Actually if we're really dreaming, a nice big engine bay with room to mod with ease, options to choose a sound package, wheel choice from factory, options to upgrade parts from factory and some sort of scratch resistant paint.
    With my previous list for $45k please

I don't understand why we're not product planners for Mazda...we got it going on

We would come out with better stuff then those 'auto only' folk they have at the moment.....