User Tag List

Thread: Snow season for the MPS6

1. Default Snow season for the MPS6

Hey guys, just wondering about snow chains for a MPS6.
    Will be on the snow a lot this season

Pointless because of the AWD system or should I just carry them? current EAGLE F1 Directional 5 tires on 95% thread

Can anyone recommend any snowboard roof racks also?

Thanks!

I drive a forester to the snow because of 4wd. Always carry chains just incase but as it's 4wd the patrol guys on the road always wave me through. Roads would have to be left untreated for a 4wd to need chains in my opinion.

As for roof racks I use the standard ones on forester but I see tons of guys using those straps for boards that go over roof and under it I think..

I'm pretty sure the MPS6 owners manual recommends NOT using chains.....not sure, but you might want to check

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk

It depends where you are going. In NSW you don't need them but Some VIC resorts require even AWD cars to carry them. AWD won't help you when you need to stop in a hurry, that's why I would generally prefer a FWD car with chains over an AWD one without them. But if given the choice on the day, getting out and crawling around under the car in bad weather is not exactly fun.

I have a set of Konig K-Summit snow chains for my 3. Theyre awesome, but they cost like $600.
    They are the kind of chains that you want to get when no other snow chains will fit.

Thule Australia » Products » Snow Chains » Thule K-Summit K11 to K45

I recorded a couple of videos a year or 2 ago to show people how they are fitted and how easy they are to put on.
    Chain fitting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVljvDQr-bA
    Driving in snow with them on - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyQWfCa-EYI
    Last edited by Reedy; 22-04-2014 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wsDKII View Post
    I'm pretty sure the MPS6 owners manual recommends NOT using chains.....not sure, but you might want to check

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk
    I thought the same

I have never once needed chains when going to the snow. Hired them once and that was it. I only ever head to Perisher though so it is not that far before the ski tube. Plus our snow seasons have been quite rubbish as of late so never had to deal with snow on the roads.