User Tag List

Thread: Loss of warranty?

Default Loss of warranty?

I suppose I know this already, but I just want to know if anybody has actually "lost" their warranty?

My car is too far over the "Edge", pun intended with all their parts I am running, to flash it back to stock for a dealer visit. The car will simply not run.

I am obviously planning on getting it serviced elsewhere, but will take it to Mazda for non-related warranty work, if any!

I know there are a few newer Genpu's with some serious mods on them, so what do you guys do, just service it elsewhere?
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Mazda Australia don't offer a warranty anyway, might as well shit in your hands and clap.

This really depends on the dealer. I have a good relationship with mine and mods were overlooked. I had CAI,DP,3'" cbe, BNR turbo, Fmic etc..

Warranty should only be void for certain works where a modification could have interfered.
    EG - you install an intake and the shocks shit themselves at 15,000 - warranty work is completed.

Hope this makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Warranty should only be void for certain works where a modification could have interfered.
    EG - you install an intake and the shocks shit themselves at 15,000 - warranty work is completed.

Hope this makes sense
    Yeah that is how I see it as well. My concern is that if I take to them for a service and they screw up my tune, then the car will not run, hence I have to ask them not to touch the ECU, which I am sure they will see as a complete Void of warranty!!
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

What are you getting done at the dealership?

Sent from my HTC One X

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    What are you getting done at the dealership?

Sent from my HTC One X
    Usually just a service. I was thinking that I will take it somewhere else for future services........
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Usually just a service. I was thinking that I will take it somewhere else for future services........
    If just an oil change why not do it yourself, takes less than 30mins and you can choose which oil you want to use?.......open the long arse oil thread that's kicking around here.

Sent from my HTC One X

Well if there is no more warranty then I will do it myself. To keep the warranty it has to be done by a certified mechanic.

Oh I see

Sent from my HTC One X

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Take it to any mechanic that does log book services and you will be fine.

Yeah I was thinking of using Mercury Motorsport in Brissie, at least they work with performance cars every day...........

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mods and warranty is a very grey area, IMOA it's good to build a good relationship with your dealer while still in warranty theory being they will look after u if things go wrong.But if engine shits the bed and u got BT and tune it's very unlikely they will warrenty you.
    Some manufactures are harder than others , I've seen on golf forum where people have been tuned and DSG shits the bed and warranty had been declined.VW takes a hard line with mods.

They all do, fraud I mean ford are the same

As long as the workshop has mvric repair licence any servicing does not effect warranty of car as long as it's within servicing guide lines in your owners handbook. If it's only oil changies and book stamping go where you like, if it's changing anything on the car that's not oem do it yourself.

Warranty is very much like insurance companies (if they can dodge it they will).
    You can take the car to dealer for service but, TELL them NOT to connect car to your ECU for analysis( that WILL wipe your tune) .if you trust them.
    I personally have done all my own servicing , logged in service books ,and never had an issue from dealer. (even when i had warranty claim IE new ecu module).
    Happy servicing.

Grumpy uses VT, mazda tool wont connect until VT is un installed. Been there myself lol

@ledfootrob @shaneski do you still have your warranty? What do you do for servicing?

19. Default

I was getting mine serviced at Tunehouse only looked at my log book the other day and they didn't stamp it when it had it's last service (i'm done with them), i haven't needed to claim anything under warranty as yet so i am not sure what would happen if i did. I'm pretty much at the point of just doing my own oil changes etc.

Read the mazda warranty book.
    It says that they prefer if you take the car to mazda for services but the choice is up to you.
    If mazda tried to void a warranty claim because you took the car elsewhere, so long as you can prove the service was done by the book mazda wouldn't stand a chance in court