User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does everyone need?

Both I believe

2. Default

We are currently trying to figure out the best way to ship everything over there when we inevitably end up completing this group buy. We don't want the duties and fees negating the savings from the group buy or the shipping charges from sending a bunch of smaller shipments to do the same. Since you guys are more familiar with how your customs works, any ideas on how we can save you guys on customs fees?

Well when you shipped about $7k worth of stuff to me, you put it in a few separate orders all 'invoiced' under $1000 and sent then with about 30 hours between each shipment.

As it was explained to me by customs, they will group all packages arriving within 24 hours of each other and going to the same person/address as being of the same order, and will sum up the invoice costs to make us pay GST.

If i had to suggest something, placing all our orders onto the same plane/ship but treating them as seperate (From customs point of view) with an invoice under $1,000 might work.

What are the group buys looking like anyway?

Sent from my 920 using Tapatalk
    wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

its sad that customs are doing taxes haha...
    rather then stopping drugs etc..

Even staggering the orders over several days might not work if they are addressed and delivered to the same person. I think they collate if it comes from the same supplier too, so $7k from 8 separate suppliers might have been a different result

Yeah my understanding is that they will group items that are to and from the same person / business into one for the tax.

I think the customs website advises over what period. On crappy phone or I'd check

Read this link: http://www.customs.gov.au/faq/DutyGST.asp

Explains most of it. If we can all have 1 order each for, lets say $874, then customs won't charge us. However we will still need to pay the foreign exchange mastercard/visa charge of 3%, on top of the foreign currency conversion...

For example, buying $1000 US worth of products would cost an Australian: $1114 + $34

Quote Originally Posted by wsDKII View Post
    Read this link: http://www.customs.gov.au/faq/DutyGST.asp

Explains most of it. If we can all have 1 order each for, lets say $874, then customs won't charge us. However we will still need to pay the foreign exchange mastercard/visa charge of 3%, on top of the foreign currency conversion...

For example, buying $1000 US worth of products would cost an Australian: $1114 + $34

28 degrees mastercard is the answer to that lol
    AP V3 (Rayd tuned) / CP-E CAI / CP-E TIP / JBR Trilogy / CS Front Strut Brace / JBR SSP / JBR Shift Knob / JBR shifter bushings / Eibach Pro-Kit / Bilstein B8's / SURE Juggernaught / SURE Dreadnaught / Whiteline RSB / Toyo Proxes T1R 235/40/18 / Evo X BBS rims / Turbosmart Dual Port BOV / CP-E DP / CP-E TMIC / Autotech internals / Superpro bushings

Future mods:
    BT, DM OCC, EGR delete, Braided clutch/brake lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, DBA T3 rotors....

Just mark down the value considerably on the invoice, even right "re-furbished" or "re- manufactured" so that suspense is kept to a minimum

Sent from my HTC One X

Or just sell it to us for less :P

They always do lol

Sent from my HTC One X

Hey guys what's the latest with this? I'm hearing a weird creaking noise coming from my rear left suspension area.....
    I practically crap out a diamond when i hit a pot hole....so much bang on the rear left!!!

13. Default

Sorry, I've been away from this thread for a while. One of our employee's is out for two weeks and we've been slammed. Just wanted to let you guys know I haven't forgotten about this.

DI drop in INJECTORS, INJECTORS, INJECTORS, INJECTORS

Thanks for the update @EdgeAutosport.com, looking forward to seeing some deal!

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    DI drop in INJECTORS, INJECTORS, INJECTORS, INJECTORS
    What he said!!!

Tapatorque steering

17. Default

Any chance @EdgeAutosport.com can become distributors of Southbend clutches, there are a growing number of us that need aftermarket clutches and from all reviews they are the shit.

18. Default

Spc camber arms for mps 3 gen 1 for me please

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    Any chance @EdgeAutosport.com can become distributors of Southbend clutches, there are a growing number of us that need aftermarket clutches and from all reviews they are the shit.
    Funny you should mention that! We got some Southbend clutchs in yesterday and will be getting them up on the site shortly. We have their stage 2 and 3 clutch/flywheel package in stock at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeAutosport.com View Post
    Funny you should mention that! We got some Southbend clutchs in yesterday and will be getting them up on the site shortly. We have their stage 2 and 3 clutch/flywheel package in stock at the moment.
    Awesome, will be ordering over the weekend I think

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast