User Tag List

Thread: [MEL] 2011 Red MPS Series I

1. Unhappy [MEL] 2011 Red MPS Series I - $25k even - bloody bargain!

Item: 2011 Series I MPS (BL1031)
    Item Condition: Excellent, almost showroom.
    Reason for selling: Downgrading to an auto, so that the other half can drive :-(
    Price and price conditions: $25,000
    Extra Info:
    Well, I am back from overseas, and so my poor little MPS is officially up for sale. Now also on CarSales. Reg: YFF089.

Due to a change in circumstances, I am having to move it on. So what I can say is that mine, as with most MPS examples it seems, is in pretty much showroom condition. There are no mechanical issues, never a drop of anything underneath it or in the engine. No squeaks or rattles. In fact, it would probably be easier to point out what's wrong with it (which will ultimately save both you and me time anyway!), so:
    - the two left wheels have 1 small case of gutter rash each
    - on the boot, there is a mysterious nick in the paint. no idea what could have caused it; probably shopping centre morons. see 2nd last photo.
    - front bumper: there is an odd 'rub' mark. hard to describe, hard to photograph. pretty sure it is going to cut and polish out, but worth mentioning anyway.
    - i think a clip in the front bumper might be loose or gone or something; it kind of 'pops' out a few mm. see the 5th photo below - you can just see that it sticks out a tiny bit.

The handbook services are up to date. most recent service was the 40,000km one.

It's wearing Pirelli PZero Neros, which are still quite new and certainly gave it quite a different feel to the stock Dunlops - the Dunlops felt a bit heavier, and tended to tramline a lot. The Pirellis seem lighter, far less tramlining, but road noise seems to be about the same. They feel pretty stable in the wet.

Registered 03/15, so that's a winner. It's been quite good on fuel - much better than I thought it'd be. I average 10s around town, and on the highway it will sit high 7s/low 8s. Here is a link to my Fuelly.

I bought her at about 18,600km in July 2012, and now she's sitting on about 45,xxx.

Would be looking for around 27,000, which is a reasonable price given the 11 months reg, condition, and km. lowballing not tolerated; genuine negotiation is Will post a couple of photos now but will need to bust out the camera to take more and get interior shots. Disclosure: This car is on a novated lease right now, but nothing shifty going on here. You'll get clear title I will be taking ownership of it soon.

Feel free to ask any questions or request specific photos of anything of interest to you.

Thanks.

Pictures:

Just noticed this scratch on the internal door handle today

Here is that odd nick in the paint. each part is a bit smaller than a match head.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by imaspy; 14-07-2014 at 09:52 PM.

2. Default

Updated with lots of new photos!

3. Default

Aaaaand a bump!

Sent from my whatever. seriously, who cares.

GLWS mate, I am putting my one for sale aswell. Sadly, it is getting harder to sell these days. If not, I will trading it in.

5. Default

Nice car glws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Default

thank guys. i always knew it would take a while to sell, so i'm not too stressed as yet

Good luck with the sale mate and hello from your fellow OCAU member!

8. Default

you shifty prick cheers!

9. Default

bump! with a little price drop

10. Default

deposit placed on new car - price drop - who wants in?!

11. Default

priced reduced again - pretty much hit the floor. bargain territory is here!

12. Default

Bump time

13. Default

$25k even - damn good price for a very clean, unmolested, stock MPS