User Tag List

Thread: Turbo flanges

1. Default Turbo flanges

Hey guys,

I have a little side project going on and for it, purchased an almost new turbo from a CX7.. Ie, K0422-582.

anyway, as I get closer to being about ready to make exhaust manifolds and dump pipes, it came with no flanges and I am battling to find any!

Just wondering if I could be pointed in the he direction as to where I could purchase some?

many thanks

The CX7 K04 has the same flanges as the MPS K04 though?

I had a quick google and found that any K04 'Hotside' Gasket Kit is applicable to K0422-582 (CX7) and K0422-881 / K0422-882 (MPS3/6) turbochargers.

So that would make me think it is all the same.

the CX7 turbo is smaller than the MPS one, as a FYI

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    the CX7 turbo is smaller than the MPS one, as a FYI
    Both wheels / sides / housings? or only a few specific variations between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    Both wheels / sides / housings? or only a few specific variations between the two?
    Hot side is definitely smaller
    http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...d.php?t=161192
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Smaller exhaust wheel / housing... Because the one thing the MPS needs is faster spool

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    Smaller exhaust wheel / housing... Because the one thing the MPS needs is faster spool
    The 582 is from a cx7, mum and pop won't go over 4500

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    The 582 is from a cx7, mum and pop won't go over 4500
    My fiancé has a work friend with one and the are quite good to drive around in, but they drink soooooo much fuel. At least with the MPS3 I was having a fun, fast car so I could justify the extra fuel usage, but the CX7 uses about the same just driving normally with the odd squirt...

Anyway back on topic OP you want bigger turbo not smaller!
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

10. Default

Good to know that the hot side plumbing is the same. Still battling to find flanges for it however, have emailed a few companies last night, and even a few wreckers to see about just pinching them off a wreck.

as for the turbo. Bright slightly smaller... It's going into a mirage with a 2L V6... And will only be running 9-10psi, so should be a reasonably good match I'm hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by Borry View Post
    Good to know that the hot side plumbing is the same. Still battling to find flanges for it however, have emailed a few companies last night, and even a few wreckers to see about just pinching them off a wreck.

as for the turbo. Bright slightly smaller... It's going into a mirage with a 2L V6... And will only be running 9-10psi, so should be a reasonably good match I'm hoping!
    It will really give it some bottom end with cx7 turbo. But the best thing about the V6 is 'sound' turbo will kill some of this, another part of a V6 is revs this turbo wont be suited to that will stop at about 5000rpm on a 2ltr.. Look at a MPS turbo will be better suited to a little torque 2ltr V6 as will provide a bit more at 6000-6500rpm still give bottom end @10-12psi
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Speak to Troy @2XS about getting some flanges

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    It will really give it some bottom end with cx7 turbo. But the best thing about the V6 is 'sound' turbo will kill some of this, another part of a V6 is revs this turbo wont be suited to that will stop at about 5000rpm on a 2ltr.. Look at a MPS turbo will be better suited to a little torque 2ltr V6 as will provide a bit more at 6000-6500rpm still give bottom end @10-12psi

Engine revs to 8500... Mivec heads, so flows pretty well, just lacks torque from 2000-5500 or so. It's a light car, if I can find another 100nm from turboing it, perfect.

and many thanks guys, I'll try get a hold of troy :-)