User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BNR S3 - What is your combo?

Friggin false knock
    Tighten everything down, put rubber strips between tmic and bonnet

Good luck

So I got my 1st official map after the base map, and the KR has significantly reduced to 0.3-0.5. Not sure why but will ask Alex about it. The car is starting to pull really hard and somehow I can't help but feel that the VD numbers does not do it justice.

Anyway, I will report back once I hear from Alex, in the meantime here is my latest VD...........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2nd Map E30.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	16309  

My CX5 has more torque bro...haha But seriously, great numbers mate. Got a dyno shop in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    My CX5 has more torque bro...haha But seriously, great numbers mate. Got a dyno shop in mind?
    No not really, any suggestions?

Will be going to QR Sunday morning for Circuit and Coffee, by that time I will have had a couple more maps so looking forward to burning some fuel............
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Worked out what was causing the false knock?

Would be sweet if you decided to go to APC at Salisbury. They have done my OTS, Richtune U98 and will be doing my E85 dyno when my finances permit.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Worked out what was causing the false knock?
    No not yet Sam, trying to figure out why it is less now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Would be sweet if you decided to go to APC at Salisbury. They have done my OTS, Richtune U98 and will be doing my E85 dyno when my finances permit.
    APC it is then. Will get it on the dyno as soon as the tune is done.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Aaaaaannnnnnddddd.............the knock is back or has never really left............... Just put in 15L of E85 and the rest P100........a E30 mix, and the knock is back...........FFS! I am getting the odd loose 0.3-0.4 and then the odd 2.2-2.7KR.....

So the conclusion here would be that I definitely have false KR, just have to find the biatches now!! Waiting on my E-tuner to reply, will see what he decides.
    Did you know that Caltex E85 can contain between 70% and 85% Ethanol depending on the time of the year? I reckon it will be tough to tune to the edge of performance with this variability in the fuel supply.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ozynigma View Post
    Did you know that Caltex E85 can contain between 70% and 85% Ethanol depending on the time of the year? I reckon it will be tough to tune to the edge of performance with this variability in the fuel supply.
    If your tuner is smart he/she will ask you what fuel you use. Then he/she will tune it accordingly. Guys up here in QLD with GTR R35's tuned on Eflex have had theirs tuned to 75% ethanol so that there is no issue with said variance.

Just makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    If your tuner is smart he/she will ask you what fuel you use. Then he/she will tune it accordingly. Guys up here in QLD with GTR R35's tuned on Eflex have had theirs tuned to 75% ethanol so that there is no issue with said variance.

Just makes sense...
    On behalf of Grumpy and his (and soon to be mine) tuner. The tuner is smart and is doing that. The target fuel mix is E30 by blending E85 and PULP98. More ethanol than 30% is not helpful in a DISI motor due to the fuel pump and injector limitations. E85 requires about 40% more flow for the same calorific burn as PULP98.

My point remains how do you ensure your final blend is E30 when the pump variance can be up to 15%? I guess you could always assume your E85 is only E70 and worst case your blend will be running about 5% more ethanol than intended. Happy to hear some other opinions on this one.

Personally I am shying away from all the hassles of blending ethanol fuel and maybe thinking a higher flow turbo would be the way to get the same power on PULP98.

On behalf of Grumpy and his (and soon to be mine) tuner. The tuner is smart and is doing that. The target fuel mix is E30 by blending E85 and PULP98. More ethanol than 30% is not helpful in a DISI motor due to the fuel pump and injector limitations. E85 requires about 40% more flow for the same calorific burn as PULP98.

My point remains how do you ensure your final blend is E30 when the pump variance can be up to 15%? I guess you could always assume your E85 is only E70 and worst case your blend will be running about 5% more ethanol than intended. Happy to hear some other opinions on this one.

Personally I am shying away from all the hassles of blending ethanol fuel and maybe thinking a higher flow turbo would be the way to get the same power on PULP98.
    The variance in Ethanol will only affect the AFR's mate, you can use your AFR's as a guide to determine if your % is still as it was with the original tune, if not, then you can either add more Ethanol(if too rich) or more Unleaded(if too lean). With us not running full Ethanol, the percentages are much smaller in the variance. That is of course the simplified/short version.

The knock resistance is still very good even with the variance.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    That is of course the simplified/short version.
    Thanks for that, glad to hear you are on top of the variances.

I have to go 10km out of my way to buy E85 and I don't think I am chasing as much power as you are so its hard for me to justify the extra hassle.

14. Default

Thanks for that, glad to hear you are on top of the variances.

I have to go 10km out of my way to buy E85 and I don't think I am chasing as much power as you are so its hard for me to justify the extra hassle.
    I think the range disadvantage and location of E85 pumps (United servo is over 30kms away) I've given up on an E85 conversion for the GTR. 98 does a good enough job for me anyways, and putting 330+ kwatw / +620Nm is perfect for me on Willall's basic 98 etune

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    I think the range disadvantage and location of E85 pumps (United servo is over 30kms away) I've given up on an e85 conversion for the GTR. 98 does a good enough job, putting 330+kwatw is good enough for me on Willall's basic 98 etune
    Friggin caltex has changed their pump software, so it's now annoying to put e-flex and 98 in on one go...

Also, think united is more consistent across the year with their e85

But yes, e85 can be a bit of a pain to find at times, depends where you live I guess... Inner Sydney ain't bad, Canberra is decent, no idea about Brisbane...

I don't think I'll be running it as a day to day tune anymore... But for a race map, hell yes!
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Caltex E85 is 73%-74% ethanol year round. It doesn't change.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post

Some guys in Melbourne running Ecutek and Syvecs with ethanol meters are getting 70-75%... Varies state to state. Caltex E85 is also a fully imported product.... I highly suggest using United E85 where possible

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post

I was only quoting their own website.

Caltex Australia: Biofuels, bio fuel production and bio diesel blends

Happy to hear better information.

19. Default

I was only quoting their own website.

Caltex Australia: Biofuels, bio fuel production and bio diesel blends

Happy to hear better information.
    I work for Caltex. Very familiar with the website, and actual pump figures

I emailed Caltex and that's what I was told.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast