User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BNR S3 - What is your combo?

You need a bit of smoothing there @Stuartmp. Make sure your correction factor is 1.01 and smoothing is set to 3

Sent from my HTC One X

Thanks for that, @1CMS1 I updated my post.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I am stumped, as most of you know, we are struggling to make power. The latest logs are riddled with knock, one which is added here is over 6..........

Something is no good on my car.........just have a look at this log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I am stumped, as most of you know, we are struggling to make power. The latest logs are riddled with knock, one which is added here is over 6..........

Something is no good on my car.........just have a look at this log.
    Wow, that's nuts... 98? Or e85 mix?
    Good fuel pressure. Only 22psi... Flowing a good amount of air... No idea why it's knocking that bad
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Wow, that's nuts... 98? Or e85 mix?
    Good fuel pressure. Only 22psi... Flowing a good amount of air... No idea why it's knocking that bad
    Vortex 98, the KR is the big question here.......
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

I've had a crap batch of vortex from a safeway caltex when tuning, run it down low as you can and get some BP in the tank, see if that hrlps

Have you tried a run with BP? My car runs like a dog on Vortex

Tomorrow I will dig up a dyno run from a ozmps dyno day many years ago on vortex. It didn't like it at all and was pinging a fair bit.
    Last edited by spooon; 27-05-2014 at 11:00 PM.

I ran VORTEX in my MPS (stock and tuned) and it ran like pig. My mate filled his WRX with VORTEX and it knocked hard until we drained the tank and retuned it again on Shell VPower then suddenly no knock, more midrange and more power (on a warmer day!?!).

Did my last tune on the VE with VPower and plan to run it 100% of the time as it's the only fuel I have never had quality issues with.

Moral of the story 1 - Caltex isn't seeing any of my money again
    Moral of the story 2 - Petrol stations regard 98 Octane rating is a guide not a standard.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

@Wardski why your fuel so bad?
    Although, he does use BP in his GTR

10. Default

I'm still leaning towards Injector seals as the cause. Hopefully it turns out something simple that is triggering the knock sensor. If you want to Eliminate fuel put around 8 litres of E85 in to see if it still knocks

I have had a lot of trouble with knock on my car in the past and it has made it a real pain to tune.
    late last year I finally found the problem, it all turned out to be spurious knock caused by the bearings in the air con's electric clutch.

I tried to track the cause down by replacing my knock sensor, check for vibration, ran the right fuel ect but still could not get rid of the intermediate knock that would occur. I even screwed the knock sensor into a block of seal so I could isolate it away from the car.

Anyways at Christmas time last year the bearings in the electric clutch that engages the air con collapsed and I had to replace it.
    $1200 dollars later I had my air con working again and no more intermediate and un-explained knock.

may not be the reason for your knock, but interesting all the same.

good luck.

For false knock, e85 mix would be best way to determine it...
    But it does seem to be knocking way too easily

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    For false knock, e85 mix would be best way to determine it...
    But it does seem to be knocking way too easily
    We have even pulled more timing and we are still seeing knock, same 2 spots in every single log...........it is not a lot, 1.3 to 1.9, but more than what I am comfortable running with.

The 6+ knock in that one log has not repeated itself yet, so that I presume would have been an anomaly........
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    I'm still leaning towards Injector seals as the cause. Hopefully it turns out something simple that is triggering the knock sensor. If you want to Eliminate fuel put around 8 litres of E85 in to see if it still knocks
    I will be checking that out this weekend. It is now a process of illumination to find the culprit.......
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

15. Default

Mate you wil sort it..i will have a quiet giggle if it turns out you left a spanner under the intercooler or something similar :P

I will be checking that out this weekend. It is now a process of illumination to find the culprit.......
    Fingers crossed with the process of elimination
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Good luck with that
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    Good luck with that
    It could be the illuminati causing it, they are a sneaky lot
    MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    Good luck with that
    Pmsl.......I will illuminate the problem in order to eliminate it..............see what I did there?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

20. Default

Pmsl.......I will illuminate the problem in order to eliminate it..............see what I did there?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Yes that was very BRIGHT of you

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast