User Tag List

Thread: Ants trying to colonise my car

Default Ants trying to colonise my car

Hello knowledeable folk,

A nest of ants (eggs and all) has moved into my car over the last few weeks . They seem to be mostly underneath the rubber seal on the passanger side door (I did flush a lot out a couple of weeks ago, must have missed a few). I'd rather figure out a way to flush them out rather than just spray and leave a bunch of corpses.

Any suggestions? How easy is it to pull the rubber water seal surrounds off?

I'll put some pictures up later today/tomorrow

Cheers
    Stewart

I suggest killing them first then remove them, get some liquid ant poison and place it near their nest in a jar lid, leave for a day or two then remove the bodies haha

Sent from my HTC One X

Get some pics, I wanna see this!

Have you tried vacuuming them out?

could put a echidna in you car hehehe im here to help

The vacuum cleaner seemed to work like a good echidna. I pulled the rubber seal off from around the top of the door and vacced them out. I'll just have to keep an eye on it.

Here's a terrbile photo. The black dots are ants, the white dots are eggs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0141.jpg 
Views:	557 
Size:	710.1 KB 
ID:	16092  

Put some poison in there to kill them all, I once had a rat live in the front of my car for a few days, managed to eat some wiring and shit in my air box, driving fast scared it cause it fell out my inner guard and under my wheel. I have a nice picture of the rodent roadkill somewhere

Sent from my HTC One X

I once parked next to a bush at work, and its entire ant population decided my car made a better house.

Didn't realise until I was on a major road. First noticed the ants on the sunvisor, then the dash, then the hvac vents. They were bloody everywhere. I couldn't stop due to the traffic and by the time I got home they buggers were crawling all over me.

Got home and saw they had set up house in the door. A can of Mortein later fixed that. Followed up by a good clean inside out.

thats scary, lucky they werent bull ants or some thing like that